Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Music Pioneered In The 2010's?

this seems sort of relevant -
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0643t65
    Robert Rowland Smith argues that we are coming to the end of the Age of Ideas. He examines how different 'ages' - of superstition, religion, reason and ideas - have emerged and gradually been eclipsed. And he hints at the age we may be about to enter.
    the end of the age of ideas....
    the end of the age of ideas in music?

sonic innovations may coincide with cultural-ideological-whatever but they stand apart

Is there a word for all these songs that sound the same with videos with choreographed dancers?
    "Lean On" is a song recorded by American EDM group Major Lazer and French producer DJ Snake. It is a moombahton, dancehall and electronic song being also described as a house music ballad
    did you tronc today?

Quote Originally Posted by trza View Post
    Is there a word for all these songs that sound the same with videos with choreographed dancers?

The only other one I've heard which is similar is Jack U's 'Where Are You Now'. Both these songs are big favourites of mine this year, so would be grateful for other similar recommendations.

They both use melodic vocals (as opposed to rap or spoken word), plucky synth sounds, 808's and 'vocal science'. They are spacious, no synths carpet bombing the frequency spectrum like other EDM and have a warm sound palette; nothing other then the 808's are particularly shrill.

Definitely could be a genre in it's own right, but not enough has been produced to warrant a name just yet. I hope there is more to come though.

did diplo do the bieber 'sorry' song too? cos that fits the same sort of sound.

the drake hotline bling single could kinda fit too (and obv DRAM's cha cha from a while back too).

Quote Originally Posted by rubberdingyrapids View Post
    did diplo do the bieber 'sorry' song too? cos that fits the same sort of sound.

the drake hotline bling single could kinda fit too (and obv DRAM's cha cha from a while back too).
    The Bieber "Sorry" song is Skrillex, who just did the Jack U thing with Diplo, so Diplo probably had some leftover ideas from ol' Skrill face.

The full bieber album:

http://unartiste.co/justin-bieber-purpose-stream-here/

Doesn't particularly expound on the singles, still impressive though. A couple of nods to Kygo-style Tropical House, a lot of deep house influences given a bit of a boost with trap/edm drums. Nice bits of vocal science, nice use of reverb. Samples Janet Jackson's funny how time flies which is always a bonus. I'd be glad if this type of sound dominates pop for a bit.

Wicked can't wait to get this on

i thought he had hit his peak with Omaha Mall
    did you tronc today?