Exhibitions, Art.

luka

I went to the Brion Gysin exhibition. I liked it. They have a working dream machine you can have a go on.

luka

I meant to go to the Joseph Cornell but sadly it coincided with a three week bender. The Daumier the RA put on was the last thing I saw there I think and that was one of the best things I've ever seen anywhere.
Actually I saw the kiefer but found it glib.

luka

And what exhibitions have you seen lately? Would you recommend it? Anything you're looking forward to?

craner

Beast of Burden
Is this an attempt to get me to rant about contemporary art again? I mean, you could havr just asked. You didn't need to start a new thread.

luka

No, I know that rant, I've got it memorised. It's actually about going to exhibitions

luka

I doubt it. Your intellectual development stalled at the age of about 25. You haven't updated your software since. It's why you couldn't complete the Corbyn essay.

luka

It's why I see Corbyn as a huge opportunity for you. I think it can give your brain a real kickstart

luka

Something has happened you didnt expect and you don't understand. That's great because your brain will have to adapt.

luka

That detroit techno exhibition was frustrating. A chance to tell some really interesting stories but Instead they just pinned a few 12 inches to the wall and left it at that. Criminal really

comelately

Wild Horses
I saw the Elton John collection of Man Ray and other photography- it was good fun, but I suspect a bit more middlebrow than what you're after. I like the smaller contained collections within the extension quite a lot, though I was doing the tourist thing with my gf so didn't really get to do my own thing.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
http://www.whitechapelgallery.org/events/eduardo-paolozzi-introduction/

I'll go to this. This thread has been a terrible failure.

I like Paolozzi alozzi.

I'm constantly in galleries but it's the conservative old stuff for the most part I'm afraid. I went to see some Rodin drawings and statues at the Courtald the other week, and it was brilliant. His statue of Najinsky the Russian ballerina, which looked like a magical spirit, like a ghost mixed with a meaty Michelangelo torso.

r36g.jpg

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Might go and check out the Hockney wherever that is. I like that he left London to live in a land of sundrenched swimming pools, rather as I've never had the courage to.

Went to see the Sistine Chapel last weekend so everything else is bound to look a bit shit for a while, I suppose.

The National Gallery is the best thing about living in London afaic, with the British museum not far behind.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Do you miss weed when you go to galleries? I don't need to be stoned but sometimes it really kicks things up a notch.

luka

To a degree but at the same time going to galleries and museums can trigger a related state of consciousness anyway. Not the same but similar. Which is partly why I go museums and galleries.