thirdform

pass the sick bucket
shattap lucius this is one of the best jungle mixes ever better than barty's fantazia youtube vids this is the real deal 100% tearin hardstep.

version

Anyone got any Essential Mix recommendations? HMGovt posted Gerald's the other day and made me realise I've never actually listened to one.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Anyone got any Essential Mix recommendations? HMGovt posted Gerald's the other day and made me realise I've never actually listened to one.

gerald's one is awful, clanger after clanger, must have been a really off night when he recorded it who knows.

my favs are.

fsol 93
cj bolland 94.
both dave clarke 1994s.
dj ron early 95.
dave clarke 1995.
david holmes 1995.
andrew weatherall 1996, this is him more on a deep house tip.
paul trouble anderson 1996.
merck 1997.
tuff jam 1997.
dave clarke 1997.
grooverider 1997
Jeff Mills 1998.
ed rush and optical 1999, just before the neuro-funk style totally fell on its arse.

and then it totally went into a 00s dance rut trance/prog house/breaks/indie dance whatever i never cared. actually outside of grime and dubstep you could convincingly argue that the 00s was one of the worst periods for dance music, even worse than now.

don't rate photek's one cos the 2nd hour is that execrable goldie mother in its entirety lmao.

recently.
Helena Hauff 2017..
DJ Stingray 2019.
I hear good things about Josey Rebelle 2019 as well. I've always liked her as a dj.

tbf apart from hard techno and that i wouldn't bother most of the jungle and garage stuff is just a pale imitation of pirate radio sets from that era. nothing like freek fm really, all slick enough for the tights and bras scanty clad babe mixmag house crowd.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
nice little mix of some anally retentive leftfield dnb bits. rate this russian lad.

1. CHRIS ENERGY - Phantasies (Reinforced) 1996
>>> PARADOX - Sample Me 10 (Reinforced) 2002
2. SONAR CIRCLE - More Time (Reinforced) 2001
3. PIETER K - Crossroads (Subvert Central) 2005
4. SONAR CIRCLE - Underground (Reinforced) 1998
5. TORUS - Fuse (Reinforced) 1998
6. FLYTRONIX – Contemporary Acoustics Jam (Moving Shadow) 1998
7. FANU - Shackdown (Lo:cuts) 2004
8. PIETER K - Maze (Subvert Central) 2005
9. MACC - Swallow It (Outsider) 2005
10. PERFECT COMBINATION - Branchin' Out (Partisan) 1998
11. DISSIDENT - Taiga (Subvert Central) 2006
12. ARCON 2 - Xenophobia (Reinforced) 1997
13. TERTIUS - Structure (Partisan) 1998
14. FRACTURE, NEPTUNE - Visions Of Amen (Subvert Central) 2006
>>> MACC – My Beautiful Defect (Outsider) 2005
15. ARCON 2 - Unorthodox Activity (Reinforced) 1997
16. BREAKAGE – Spiritualism (Breakin) 2003
17. ARCON 2 - The Beckoning (Reinforced) 1997
18. NUCLEUS, PARADOX – Neoteric (Esoteric) 2004
19. PIETER K - Dig (Renegade) 2001
20. FRACTURE, NEPTUNE - Visions (Subvert Central) 2006

forclosure

ay any of you man know of any good acid house mixes or anything psycedelic experimental along those lines?

the more 3rd eye expanding the better (i dunno im just in the mood for some acid house)

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this is why the detroit purist construction of bliss' theory was not so interesting to me, i mean i don't deny it entirely, certainly those attitudes existed and still continue to exist amongst the dance music journalist and discourse cognoscenti, but i always hated those wankers anyway (actually bliss is one of the only dance music journalists i have time for full stop) even when i was like jeff mills is the best thing since sliced bread and going to rick wade and mike huckaby deep house gigs. I'm not so into the late 90s liberators acid techno. it all seemed very soft, but not cocooning like house or mellow techno so it came across as wanting to be hard but not actually really going out there.

"8892sales edited 6 months ago
There was a trend prior to 1994 (1991-1993) way before the above so called UK acid techno of the mid-late 1990s movement. When the harder techno sound and acid were prevalent and were really having it. Much better period in my not so humble opinion. That was the pinnacle of the hard sound for me before the crusties took over it. Much, much better harder sound. The 'intelligent' sound was just a background noise really and quite cliquey. Those who were there know the score.

The music the OP is referring to was relatively watered down compared to the hard stuff of the early '90s."

https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/779567

Scud mix is of course great...

Last edited:

DLaurent

Think of it as something different. It's the only mix I've managed to listen for a while. Unless you wanna hear Stardancer for the nth time. :D