Non-English rap

sadmanbarty

Really like that.

That vocal melody and harmony that appears at 0.23, 0.27 and throughout really reminds me of something. Maybe an afrobeats or dancehall thing or something nuumish (garage or funky)? Ring any bells, anyone?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
this is so good, thanks for sharing. is afro trap a widely used label now? had only heard the mhd bits, but is there a wider scene emerging under this banner? or has already emerged?

I'm not sure, I think MHD started it but there's a lot of stuff on youtube under the afro trap hashtag. Check out some more Y DU V btw, they are quite nice: .

Also feeling this at the moment:

luka

There's something about being in a shop, specially a shop for young people, like top shop, that can make everything sound amazing. It adds complexity by layering in profound capitalist alienation and the consciousness of ageing and dying over otherwise textureless, vacuous digital pop

sadmanbarty

There's something about being in a shop, specially a shop for young people, like top shop, that can make everything sound amazing. It adds complexity by layering in profound capitalist alienation and the consciousness of ageing and dying over otherwise textureless, vacuous digital pop

When I asked the shop assistant what the song was called that's word for word what he said to me.

luka

It's a very sensuous melancholy. Like that feeling you get sometimes when you need to do a big shit and you're holding on to it.