Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1749

Thread: Trump

  1. #1561

    Default

    What, before you've read it?

  2. #1562
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Droid vs the omniconspiracy


  3. #1563
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Fear - Dublin
    Posts
    7,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    What, before you've read it?
    lol, I had read it, but yes also.

    Occam's razor.

  4. #1564
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    15,529

    Default

    i dont beleive in occams razor i think its moronic. i think trump is a gangster and a capitalist and gangsters and capitalists operate transnationally by necessity. the loyalty is to the operation not the country the operation is based out of.

  5. #1565
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Fear - Dublin
    Posts
    7,331

    Default

    Hes compromised to fuck. it's the only plausible explanation for his actions wrt Russia. Plus theres the mountain of evidence connecting him and his cadre of goblins to Putin.

  6. #1566
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    i dont beleive in occams razor i think its moronic. i think trump is a gangster and a capitalist and gangsters and capitalists operate transnationally by necessity. the loyalty is to the operation not the country the operation is based out of.
    have you heard of Klosterman's Razor?
    The philosophical belief that the best hypothesis is the one that reflexively accepts its potential wrongness to begin with.

    from the book "but what if we're wrong?"
    Though no generation believes there's nothing left to learn, every generation unconsciously assumes that what has already been defined and accepted is (probably) pretty close to how reality will be viewed in perpetuity. And then, of course, time passes. Ideas shift. Opinions invert. What once seemed reasonable eventually becomes absurd, replaced by modern perspectives that feel even more irrefutable and secure—until, of course, they don't.

    What if it's not a question of whether or not Trump is Putin's poodle, but whether or not that matters or is even a bad thing.

  7. #1567
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Fear - Dublin
    Posts
    7,331

    Default

    I question his premise. I think there's been several generations who've rejected almost everything that's come before.

    That said, my line on Trump since the start is that the dismantling of US power in perhaps the most bloodless possible way isnt necessarily a bad thing, but my concerns are that we may all be killed in the process and the medium-long term outcomes are deeply uncertain.

    I also find the sheer unmitigated stupidity of the whole thing incredibly irritating.

  8. #1568
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    I question his premise. I think there's been several generations who've rejected almost everything that's come before.[/QUOTE]

    That's his point. Future generations often reject many things previous generations held dear or assumed were permanent, in unpredictable ways.

  9. #1569
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    have you heard of Klosterman's Razor?
    The philosophical belief that the best hypothesis is the one that reflexively accepts its potential wrongness to begin with.

    from the book "but what if we're wrong?"
    Though no generation believes there's nothing left to learn, every generation unconsciously assumes that what has already been defined and accepted is (probably) pretty close to how reality will be viewed in perpetuity. And then, of course, time passes. Ideas shift. Opinions invert. What once seemed reasonable eventually becomes absurd, replaced by modern perspectives that feel even more irrefutable and secure—until, of course, they don't.
    I think we have a huge excess of this way of thinking at the moment, which lies at the root of all the flat earth/young earth nonsense, anti-vaxx prejudice, Holocaust revisionism etc. etc.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  10. #1570
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,412

    Default

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ve-of-russians

    this guy's only setting is 'extraordinary tirade'

  11. #1571
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Long read positing Trump/Russia as being worse than 'we' think. Im sold already.

    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ejlinaj4s.html
    The descriptions of the people in the 'collusion map' are like something out of a Bond movie or Fred Forsyth novel:

    "professor, suspected spy"
    "model, escort"
    "politician, banker"
    "president's daughter"
    "pop star"
    "MMA fighter"
    "oligarch"
    "banker"
    "oligarch"
    "oligarch"
    "oligarch"
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  12. #1572
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    15,529

    Default

    why is there such a crossover between keto-carnivores and trump supporters HMG? im not having a pop i have a genuinely sincere and earnest interest in this cultural phenomenon

  13. #1573
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    why is there such a crossover between keto-carnivores and trump supporters HMG? im not having a pop i have a genuinely sincere and earnest interest in this cultural phenomenon
    I suspect it has a lot to do with the fetishization of veganism by so much of the modern left. Simply the inverse of that.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  14. #1574
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    15,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    I suspect it has a lot to do with the fetishization of veganism by so much of the modern left. Simply the inverse of that.
    this is a classic hallmark of tea thought. thank you for the succinct illustration. in tea-world the reactionary is only ever a product of progressive overreach. the equal and opposite reaction of physics restoring balance to a teetering world.

  15. #1575
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    15,529

    Default

    it's not entirely wrongheaded. there are active and reactive forces. we do use the term reactionary for a reason.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •