Leo

this whole charade of GOP representative barging into the hearing room today was outrageous, they all should have been dragged out and thrown in jail. dems have to get tough, fuck 'em.

version

"John Bolton, fired White House hawk, is negotiating impeachment testimony in new hammer blow to Trump."

Leo

"John Bolton, fired White House hawk, is negotiating impeachment testimony in new hammer blow to Trump."

there are lots of fair-weather trump supporters in Washington, politicians and bureaucrats who get behind him when they can gets things they want through him, but don't love him for who he is (as the base does). bolton is a neocon war hawk. as soon as trump betrayed the Kurds, ceded syria to Russia/iran and effectively freed ISIS prisoners, bolton had no use for him and is ready to testify. we want politicians to put country before party, in this case bolton puts his neocon beliefs before party.

version

I've read that Barr and the boys are now launching an inquiry into the Muller investigation. The GOP are so petty and shameless. Doesn't it cost the taxpayer money when they do this sort of thing too?

Leo

yes, it costs taxpayer dollars. and it was a justice dept. inquiry, now supposedly it's a full-blow criminal investigation (which means they'll now organize a dedicated team who will be authorized to subpoena documents, compel testimony, etc.)

version

Roger Stone: Trump adviser found guilty on all counts in WikiLeaks hacking case

Roger Stone, a self-described “dirty trickster” and longtime adviser to Donald Trump, was found guilty on Friday of obstructing a congressional investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

The verdict makes Stone only the latest among a growing list of people once in the president’s inner circle who have been convicted on federal charges. News of Stone’s convictions came as dramatic testimony at the public impeachment hearing unfolded on Capitol Hill.

A jury found Stone guilty on all seven counts, including lying to lawmakers about WikiLeaks, tampering with witnesses and obstructing a House intelligence committee investigation into whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia to tip the 2016 election.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ty-verdict-wikileaks-hacking-case-latest-news

version

Apparently he had an unplanned hospital trip the other day and people think he's having health problems and trying to cover it up.

version

InfoWars are claiming someone tried to poison him.

:rolleyes:

Trump Tested for Deliberate Poisoning of Food With “Time Delayed” Chemical Agent – White House Source

The President’s unscheduled stop at the Walter Reed military hospital on Saturday involved a battery of tests to determine whether the President was exposed to a chemical agent that is suspected of being introduced into his food, says a White House connected source who shared details with Alex Jones of InfoWars.com.

https://www.infowars.com/trump-test...me-delayed-chemical-agent-white-house-source/

IdleRich

IdleRich
It really looks as though it's all piling on to Trump right now. I really was thinking that I might wake up to the news that he was dead... and for the first time I would actually be displeased cos it looks as though there is a real chance he might finally get his in this life. The Roger Stone thing is beautiful, seven out of seven guilty for the dirty trickster (his own words) with a fucking Nixon tattoo on his back. It seems entirely plausible that the unscheduled visit to the doctor was the result of some kind of Trump meltdown caused by the Stone conviction, the way impeachment is going, the tax returns thing closing in, the recent swings to the Dems and so on... it's impossible to tell, maybe it is just routine (though not announced in advance as previously) but cos he said so and he lies all the time it might well be something else. Now the Dems have extended the scope of the impeachment thing to look at the closed Mueller documents and to see if he lied in there... it's hitting him from all sides and it feels as though something might tip him over at last.
But it probably won't.

version

Some people think it's a sham in order to excuse him from testifying now that he's said he might. He was apparently furious about losing the Louisiana governor's race and experienced chest pains too so I don't know what to believe.

He supposedly had a screening of Joker at the White House so maybe he's fucked himself by allowing luka's vector of evil in.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've seen people saying he will avoid impeachment by stepping down citing ill health... but I don't believe that for a moment, he'll be facing legal challenges that could put him in jail if he does that. It's quite funny that this bunch of crooks that surround him must have thought that their ship had come in when he became president, that they would be able to get away with anything, ironically it's had the opposite effect and turned the spotlight on them and been the catalyst for loads of investigations which would probably have never started otherwise but which, once they did, were bound to find all kinds of nefarious wrongdoing, cos they are all criminals.

version

Something I've wondered since he took office is what's to stop him exploiting/leveraging any classified information he was privy to once his time's up?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Something I've wondered since he took office is what's to stop him exploiting/leveraging any classified information he was privy to once his time's up?

His own stupidity and hubris? Or rather, it wouldn't necessarily stop him, but he'd probably give himself away almost instantly. He is wholly innocent to the concept of discretion, remember.

version

I didn't mean he'd do it in secret. I meant he could just say "I'll sell this to the Russians" or whoever "unless you pay/give me what I want". It's not as though the GOP or any of his supporters would care and any attempt to arrest him would cause all sorts of shit.

luka

His own stupidity and hubris? Or rather, it wouldn't necessarily stop him, but he'd probably give himself away almost instantly. He is wholly innocent to the concept of discretion, remember.

I doubt this is true. His mentors have been high level operators. Leveraging compromising information. The Roy Cohns of this world.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I doubt this is true. His mentors have been high level operators. Leveraging compromising information. The Roy Cohns of this world.

Well there is that, but I don't think they have control of his twitter account.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I didn't mean he'd do it in secret. I meant he could just say "I'll sell this to the Russians" or whoever "unless you pay/give me what I want". It's not as though the GOP or any of his supporters would care and any attempt to arrest him would cause all sorts of shit.

Oh I see what you mean. In that case I'm sure he'd meet with some accident, some sudden heart attack or whatever. It wouldn't be hard to make it look like natural causes, after all.

luka

Perhaps his brain is rotting away but my assumption is he understands gangsterism pretty well. Having said that he's made some extremely powerful enemies now so it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

luka

Just think of how many people Hilary Clinton has had disposed of. Would you want to cross her?