Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1755

Thread: Trump

The only question now is if resurgent dems (including a new vibrant left wing of the party) can pick up enough funding and support to beat GOP gerrymandering, dark money and Russian interference in November.

If not then 2020 will be the last election in America.

There is no "vibrant left" of the Democrats, and if there was it wouldn't be elected.

This is just one of the reasons Trump will get a second term.

You're delusional if you think otherwise.

You havent being paying attention to domestic US politics have you?

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    There is no "vibrant left" of the Democrats, and if there was it wouldn't be elected.

This is just one of the reasons Trump will get a second term.

You're delusional if you think otherwise.
    this is sadly true
    and was probably true in 2016 too in retrospect

So youve seen the unprecedented Dem candidate outspend in Texas? Dems competing in every seat in congress for the first time in history? Record number of new Dem candidates? Record number of new Dem female candidates with a 15 point overperformance in primaries? The huge increase in non-corporate funding in progressive campaigns? The rise of movement candidates like Ocasio-Cortez which is set to put possibly a dozen candidates into the house?

This years elections will feature the largest number of new dem candidates, the largest number of female candidates, and the most radical dem candidates since the new deal, or perhaps ever, and they are on track to win.

Does this not remind you of the Tea Party insurgents who were going to take over the levers of the GOP machine? But deflated? It does me.

I would admire your optimism if it wasn't laced with such blunt arrogance.

And before you say it, I concede I made the same mistake with Iraq.

The Tea party is a terrible example for you to quote. They had a massive effect on the GOP and sparked a mid term onslaught in 2010, shifting the house 63 seats to the right - which is roughly what Im predicting. If that happens, Trump will be lucky to last until 2020, and only then if the Reps retain the Senate which is about 50/50 atm.

And this is nothing like Iraq, its far more nebulous, and is based mainly on data and trends, not insane messianic bloodlust.

Think you missed a whole load of points there, but nevermind.

This is our Pearl Harbor, our 9/11. In the past, we have risen to the defense of our values, our ideologies and our institutions. Itís time for another fight.
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-harbor-219015

Sadly, I think Craner's right about Trump being reelected. He appeals to a lot of Americans and his approval rating has been increasing since December. We can talk about meddling, gerrymandering and so on, but there's no getting round the fact that millions of people like and support him, some of them to the point of fanaticism. I also can't see the Dems producing anyone capable of beating him, there's nothing they can do to hit back.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    Sadly, I think Craner's right about Trump being reelected. He appeals to a lot of Americans and his approval rating has been increasing since December. We can talk about meddling, gerrymandering and so on, but there's no getting round the fact that millions of people like and support him, some of them to the point of fanaticism. I also can't see the Dems producing anyone capable of beating him, there's nothing they can do to hit back.
    That the Democrats don't have anyone high profile enough to be considered a contender today isn't that much of a problem imo. In history it was repeatedly the case that some formerly unknowns got nominated and won. Bill Clinton for instance was considerd to have zero chances against "Desert Storm" triumphant Bush Sen. But then in '92 there was Ross Perrot, somehow a precursor of Trump in many respects, who kinda "won" the election for Clinton.

If there is a critical mass of people annoyed enough with this clown, he doesn't stand a chance of getting re-elected.

but the trap is mistaking your dislike for a thing, given that it is so strongly felt, for something that is widely shared