Page 114 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1792

Thread: Trump

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    it's not remotely cryptic. it's of a piece with the red meat discussion. i think, and i realise im alone in this, that it's more interesting to ask ~what is trump made of~ than simply taking turns to throw up our hands and gasp at whatever trump has most recently done.
    No, you're not alone, even if you like the idea that you are. I've always thought Trump is more of a symptom than a cause of what's happening - without wishing to downplay his particular person qualities.

But these zero-effort cut'n'paste jobs, with no indication of where you've even got them, don't help move the discussion forward, I think.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

appreciate your contribution. i always take feedback on board and consider it carefully.

Trump is made of Cheetos and toupee.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Trump is made of Cheetos and toupee.
    Now THAT's more like it.

Hope you're paying attention here, luka.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

can't make this shit up...

Melania Trump’s Parents Become U.S. Citizens, Using ‘Chain Migration’ Trump Hates

President Trump has repeatedly and vehemently denounced what he calls “chain migration,” in which adult American citizens can obtain residency for their relatives.

On Thursday, his Slovenian in-laws, Viktor and Amalija Knavs, became United States citizens in a private ceremony in Manhattan by taking advantage of that very program.

Asked if the Knavses had obtained citizenship through “chain migration,” their lawyer, Michael Wildes, said, “I suppose.”

He said, “It’s a dirty — a dirtier word,” but added: “It stands for a bedrock of our immigration process when it comes to family reunification.” The process is more commonly known as family-based immigration.

Melania Trump had sponsored her parents for their green cards, Mr. Wildes said in describing the process by which the Knavses had become United States citizens. “Once they had the green card, they then applied for citizenship when they were eligible,” he said.

Even as his in-laws were going through the process, Mr. Trump was denouncing it. In November, he tweeted, “CHAIN MIGRATION must end now! Some people come in, and they bring their whole family with them, who can be truly evil. NOT ACCEPTABLE!”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/n...T.nav=top-news

Ive been watching Myers on trump the last couple of years, he's by far the best late night host on the subject, in fact I think he transcended the format a while back due to the sheer immensity of his day by day coverage, also unerringly accurate in his political assessments. Essential viewing and will be a historical document one day I reckon.

Manafort convicted of multiple fraud charges. Cohen pleading guilty to *eight* crimes, including campaign finance violations and payoffs to various women.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...a-deal-charges

Mueller will start going after Trump's family next. The net is going to tighten. He's attacking from every angle and the sheer weight of multi-dimensional criminality will either provoke a catastrophic response or drag Trump under the waves.

What would likely happen, theoretically, if Trump tried to dismiss Mueller? Does he have the power to do that? Would the GOP back him, do you think, or are there enough quasi-decent (or at least sane) Reps to say "enough is enough"?

that's the big question, tea. Mitch McDonnell has resisted a vote on legislation to protect mueller because, as he's said, firing mueller "isn't going to happen." wish I had his confidence.

mueller's working his way up the food chain: pinch Cohen and Manafort, and get them to roll and implicate don junior. that would make trump's head explode, only thing worse would be to indicat Ivanka (trump would start world war III to distract from that).

cohen's all in to flip, but I wonder about Manafort. he might prefer to spend a decade in jail than to cross all the Russians and Ukrainians he's been in bed with for the past 20 years.
    Last edited by Leo; 22-08-2018 at 05:07 PM.

If this was a drama rather than the terrifying puncture of a narcissistic bubble whose contents may be WWIII, it'd be way better than the Sopranos

17. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post: