IdleRich

IdleRich
It seems that things are all catching up with them now though. There is just so much corruption it's leaking out of the seams in all directions. Did you see that - as Trump wanted - the Ukraine have just announced an investigation. Unfortunately though it's about whether or not team Impotus were illegally surveilling Yovanovitch on Ukrainian soil... oops!

IdleRich

IdleRich
BREAKING: Ukraine's Interior Ministry announces criminal probe into alleged illegal surveillance of former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch after text messages released by House investigators showed Robert F. Hyde and Lev Parnas discussing her being tracked in Kyiv.
Hilarious if true.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
There is something new every ten minutes....

An independent government watchdog, the Government Accountability Office (GAO), said the White House budget office violated the law when it froze US military aid to Ukraine.

“Faithful execution of the law does not permit the president to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law,” the report said.

The GAO said the White House violated the 1974 Impoundment Control Act, which says funds appropriated by Congress cannot be withheld by the White House.

Leo

sadly, too much can be as bad as nothing at all: people are so overwhelmed with the -- to quote NO -- "power, corruption and lies" that they've become numb to how bad all of this really is.

IdleRich

IdleRich
This is completely true. In a normal administration the fact the president admitted to stealing 2mn dollars from charity would be an enormous scandal but here people barely blinked cos there was something new next day.
The above is important though cos one of the Repub arguments is that no crime was comitted re Ukraine and so there can't be an impeachment. Not true of course but now you have an independent body saying it was a crime then that argument is dead. Also hard to argue it's a sham at this point for anyone with a brain.

IdleRich

IdleRich
So... on the evidence of today it's gonna be such a whitewash in the Senate that people watching aren't even gonna hear half the story... pathetic really. To argue that the case is so de facto weak that we don't need to hear the evidence that it's not is completely ludicrous but no-one gives a fuck I guess.

IdleRich

IdleRich
So now they've released this tape of Trump saying that he wants rid of Yovanovitch (which was allegedly part of the whole Ukraine tit for tat thing, she was a thorn in the side of the administration cos she kept wanting to do things proper, legally and through the correct channels) - talking to Lev Parnas on the recording who Trump first claimed he didn't know, then when about thirty pictures of them together appeared he claimed it was just cos Parnas was a donor and he kept posing for pictures at events... dunno what he'll say now.

version

I've given up reading about Trump. It doesn't seem to matter what he does or says as nobody in a position to actually do anything about it gives a shit.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's being reported that that means he wanted her fired... but some are pointing out that his language - "take her out" - along with the fact that she was being surveilled and that Parnas and Hyde joked about getting a hitman to deal with her, could have more sinister connotations.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Parnas had no authority to fire her, there is an argument to be made that there is a recording of the US president asking a mobster he claims he doesn't know to arrange a hit on the US ambassador....
Personally I don't go for that cos he next said "Get her out" which doesn't mean that to my ears.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I've given up reading about Trump. It doesn't seem to matter what he does or says as nobody in a position to actually do anything about it gives a shit.

i have been like this for a longer time now. i'm embarrassed about it.

version

I wouldn't put it past him, but I doubt he was ordering a hit on her. The thing is #TheResistance will probably be all over Twitter and their various publications talking up the prospect in order to fuel clicks and book sales and end up undermining the credibility of the whole thing and giving the right more ammo.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I completely agree that Trump has done so many outrageous, corrupt, even downright illegal things, any of which ought to have spelled the end for a President, and that the sheer volume somehow diminishes the power of each one, and so it's easy to get blase about it and to throw up your hands and say fuck it... but then one day it might be the end. It's the black swan thing isn't it? Just because he's got away with everything so far, it doesn't mean he'll get away with the next thing. Also, there is a cumulative effect, more and more of his cronies are in jail, more are testifying, more things are coming out, more cases are winding their way through the courts...

Leo

I don't think trump meant kill her. he's always been a wannabe tough guy, likes to think he runs his business like a mob boss, the trump tower capo dei capi. it's all bluster and bullshit. he'd definitely try to crush someone by almost any means necessary, but not assassinate them.

Last edited:

Leo

Donald Trump was asked about Elon Musk. His answer was incoherent.

KERNEN: Tesla's now worth more than GM and Ford. Do you have comments on Elon Musk?

TRUMP: Well -- you have to give him credit. I spoke to him very recently, and he's also doing the rockets. He likes rockets. And -- he does good at rockets too, by the way. I never saw where the engines come down with no wings, no anything, and they're landing. I said I've never seen that before. And I was worried about him, because he's one of our great geniuses, and we have to protect our genius. You know, we have to protect Thomas Edison and we have to protect all of these people that -- came up with originally the light bulb and -- the wheel and all of these things. And he's one of our very smart people and we want to-- we want to cherish those people.

leader of the free world.

version

KERNEN: Dissensus is now worth more than Facebook and Twitter. Do you have comments on luka?

TRUMP: Well -- you have to give him credit. I spoke to him very recently, and he's also doing the poems. He likes poems. And -- he does good at poems too, by the way. I never saw where the words come from with no wings, no anything, and they're landing. I said I've never seen that before. And I was worried about him, because he's one of our great geniuses, and we have to protect our genius. You know, we have to protect Thomas Edison and we have to protect all of these people that -- came up with originally the light bulb and -- the wheel and all of these things. And he's one of our very smart people and we want to-- we want to cherish those people.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
KERNEN: Dissensus is now worth more than Facebook and Twitter. Do you have comments on luka?

TRUMP: Well -- you have to give him credit. I spoke to him very recently, and he's also doing the poems. He likes poems. And -- he does good at poems too, by the way. I never saw where the words come from with no wings, no anything, and they're landing. I said I've never seen that before. And I was worried about him, because he's one of our great geniuses, and we have to protect our genius. You know, we have to protect Thomas Edison and we have to protect all of these people that -- came up with originally the light bulb and -- the wheel and all of these things. And he's one of our very smart people and we want to-- we want to cherish those people.

I read this before the original Trump quote posted above and thought, wow, you've got his mannerisms down just right!