Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 1,846 to 1,857 of 1857

Thread: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Woops, yep bad timing on my regard. I did actually read some of this story yesterday but my tired brain not joining the dots. However, the quotes about Milne are from a guy I know and follow (Oz Katerji) and they made no attempt to contact him before running with the story. David Miller, who they did reach out to, is another pro-Assad, pro-Putinist - so jury still out on that story for me. He's (Oz) commented about it a bit on Twitter.

Short thread here:https://twitter.com/Daniel_Sugarman/...94545443508225

What you have at most is an organisation receiving government funding which has RTed articles critical of Corbyn.

The not-so-subtle accusation that the writers of these articles worked with this org to do so is not just wrong, it’s downright sinister

Make of it what you will. I could argue it plays into conspiratorial, "the man is out to get us all" narratives.
    Last edited by DannyL; 10-12-2018 at 01:37 PM.

We've had a massive media campaign against Corbyn, arguably the largest smear campaign in British political history - that much we know is true.

We know the Saudis, the Israelis & the Americans hate him, and in one case at least we know that a foreign government has been funding attacks on him.

The financial & corporate sector are resolutely opposed to him and his policies and are already betting on a run on the banks if he gets in.

With such an incredible amount of political, media and financial opposition I would be shocked to discover that there wasn't an intelligence/security element to the anti-Corbyn campaign - its almost unthinkable in fact.

There's a good piece on the above story here: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...=share_twitter

Professor Scott Lucas of the University of Bristol, who runs a website monitoring disinformation, particularly from Russia, told HuffPost UK: ”[Integrity Initiative] crossed a line possibly by tweeting a couple of things about Corbyn and Seamus Milne but is that a hanging offence?”

Lucas suggested the initial hack had been deliberately seized upon by Russian media channels, saying: “In this case I wouldn’t call it disinformation.

“But It’s a classic influence operation because right now there’s an element of truth in what they’re reporting. This is a body funded by the FCO to disseminate information and that specifically, they tweeted against Corbyn. That’s true, they did.

“The best propaganda operations operate with a kernel of truth and the kernel of truth here is those tweets.”

The article goes onto mention that Tweets they've made that are critical of Tory/Russia links weren't picked up on.

I wouldn't be so pigheaded to deny that there may be intelligence agencies involved in briefing against Corbyn. Who knows? It's certainly plausible. But when I see how say, Owen Jones is responding to this story - "THIS IS HOW POWER WORKS" - I just come out in an allergic reaction. The story seems to function for him as confirming a sense of paranoid aggrandisement, that he and others around him, have in spades.

Right so... evidence of a domestic tax payer funded intelligence campaign against the leader of the opposition is in fact... evidence of a Russian propaganda campaign in his favour! Amazing!

Once again:

The LSE and others have found there to be a persistent media smear campaign against Corbyn: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7163706.html

Israel’s strategic affairs ministry, staffed by spies and headed by a former army intelligence officer has been running smear campaigns against Corbyn: https://electronicintifada.net/blogs...-jeremy-Corbyn.

Fund managers, investors, speculators all threatening financial ruin if Corbyn gets into power: https://citywire.co.uk/funds-insider...orbyn/a1106163

Then there's dark money, facebook ads, etc...

Owen Jones is right. This IS how power works. Regardless of your opinion of him, its staggeringly naive to assume there isn't a domestic psyops campaign at work against Corbyn.
    Last edited by droid; 11-12-2018 at 12:14 PM.

But the whole point is it isn't evidence - at most, it's a few retweets. The way Jones et al have taken it over is, as I said, paranoid and self-aggrandising.

I can accept that other areas of soft power are working against JC as your links no doubt show. As I said, I'm open to the idea - would like to see harder evidence though.

Well, that's just all we happen to have found out so far isnt it?

I am astonished to see that an 'expert in disinformation' seems more concerned about who is disseminating the story rather than the fact that state security services are engaged in a domestic propaganda campaign, no matter how inconsequential it may seem - that's a very clear line that's been crossed.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Has 'Owen Jones' entered the lexicon as a pejorative term yet?

Something like "Oh don't be such an Owen Jones".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

pence, a religious freak and catatonic waste of space too scared to speak his mind. that's what leadership has become in this country, where someone like that is a heartbeat away from the most important job in the world.

as mike himself might say, god help us.

So the NRA funnelled $30 million of Russian money brokered by a Russian spy into the Trump campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    So the NRA funnelled $30 million of Russian money brokered by a Russian spy into the Trump campaign...
    the stages of denial:

#1 -- it never happened/fake news.
    #2 -- the people who told you that have cut a plea deal and are lying in order save their own ass.
    #3 -- even if it happened, it's not illegal.
    #4 -- even if it's illegal, we knew nothing about it
    #5 -- everybody does it, it's not a big deal, what about hillary...

rise, repeat.

Anyone got any idea what this is about?

Reporters in Washington DC are hanging around a courtroom where a sealed grand jury is hearing arguments in a case that may be related to the Mueller investigation. All information about the case is sealed.
    The case then went back up to the DC Circuit in October, and that's the case being argued today. So far there's been nothing on the docket that could definitively identify what it is - no lawyer names, for instance
    The DC Circuit is about to hear arguments in the sealed grand jury matter. They've sealed not only the courtroom, but the whole floor, so we've been moved away. Haven't recognized anyone going in earlier as being connected to Mueller's office, now we won't be able to see