Page 127 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1917

Thread: Trump

  1. #1891
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    This is a particularly good one as as well as being a childish innuendo it coincidentally describes the story as well.
    that's the true genius of a great tabloid headline, something that's elevated above being just another cheeky pun.

  2. #1892
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,858

    Default

    Jeff Bezos really looks like the missing middle age member of the Goonies. Surely threatening to release nude photos of him is also blackmailing the whole world
    Jezebel quoted a source as saying "It's big" - if that might change your mind...

  3. #1893
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    591

    Default

    AOC ripping into campaign finance laws was refreshing to say the least - https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...01038622281728

  4. #1894
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,647

    Default

    a friend on FB writes..

    My 2019 would be officially made if one of the Democratic candidates spent their whole primary campaign campaigning against Mike Pence on the assumption Trump will not be in office in November 2020. It would be the ultimate troll, as Trump has no idea what to do when 100% ignored."
    that would be hilarious, he hates not being the center of attention.

  5. #1895
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,647

    Default

    photoshopped version of trump sans combover hair and fake sun tan...aka, what he really looks like. (EDIT: apologies for not knowing how to make this frightening image smaller...)

    Trump_hair copy.jpg

  6. #1896
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,858

    Default

    As he is he looks totally fucking weird. But he does stand out. If he looked like in that picture he would just be another one of those vaguely sinister suits you see any time you get a picture from Washington. So maybe from his point of view it's job done.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

    Leo

  8. #1897
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Meanwhile, in Italy


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:


  10. #1898
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    Meanwhile, in Italy

    GREETINGS BATTLE BROTHERS I AM NEW. HOLDS UP BOLTER MY NAME IS SERGEANT ARGUS BUT YOU CAN CALL ME BATTLE BROTHER. AS YOU CAN SEE I AM VERY LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. THAT IS WHY I HAVE COME HERE, TO MEET OTHER BATTLE BROTHERS WHO ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR LIKE MYSELF. I AM 127 YEARS OF AGE ( PRAISE THE EMPEROR) I LIKE TO PURGE HERETICS AND XENO SCUM WITH MY BATTLE BROTHERS ( I LOVE MY BATTLE BROTHERS, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT THE DEAL WITH IT) IT IS OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. ALL MY BATTLE BROTHERS ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR TOO OF COURSE, BUT I WANT TO MEET MORE LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR. LIKE THE EMPEROR ONCE SAID, THE MORE THE MERRIER. I HOPE TO BOND WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR SO JOIN ME IN PRAISE OF THE EMPEROR. FAREWELL.

    PRAISE THE EMPEROR

    BATTLE BROTHER

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to version For This Useful Post:


  12. #1899
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    GREETINGS BATTLE BROTHERS I AM NEW. HOLDS UP BOLTER MY NAME IS SERGEANT ARGUS BUT YOU CAN CALL ME BATTLE BROTHER. AS YOU CAN SEE I AM VERY LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. THAT IS WHY I HAVE COME HERE, TO MEET OTHER BATTLE BROTHERS WHO ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR LIKE MYSELF. I AM 127 YEARS OF AGE ( PRAISE THE EMPEROR) I LIKE TO PURGE HERETICS AND XENO SCUM WITH MY BATTLE BROTHERS ( I LOVE MY BATTLE BROTHERS, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT THE DEAL WITH IT) IT IS OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. ALL MY BATTLE BROTHERS ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR TOO OF COURSE, BUT I WANT TO MEET MORE LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR. LIKE THE EMPEROR ONCE SAID, THE MORE THE MERRIER. I HOPE TO BOND WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR SO JOIN ME IN PRAISE OF THE EMPEROR. FAREWELL.

    PRAISE THE EMPEROR

    BATTLE BROTHER
    I wish I could Like this more than once.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  13. #1900
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Les Pays-Bas
    Posts
    905

    Default

    this is a good analysis of trump to be honest


  14. #1901
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    591

    Default

    It's hard to know how much truth there is to this sort of thing, but this wouldn't surprise me at all:

    I think Russia is in reality a bit player. Their intelligence agencies have certainly been used as part of a larger global propaganda effort, in furtherance of international oil oligarchs. In much the same way the CIA was used by United Fruit to overthrow Guatemala in the 1950s. What's different here is simply its a global coalition of oligarchs, and they're not picky about which intelligence agency they use. They're not nationalists.

    This is an alliance between the Kochs and Mercers, MBS in Saudi Arabia, Russian oligarchs like Oleg Deripaska, and British Petroleum (hence Brexit). The Russian interference game is all about oil. And Russia's role is about being pegged as the central culprit as price of entry to the game, to throw everyone off the scent of the other oligarchs.

    They mean to destroy the EU and any other governmental body which could intervene by environmental or safety regulation their total extraction and sale of fossil fuels before new energy technology makes them obsolete.

  15. #1902
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    It's hard to know how much truth there is to this sort of thing, but this wouldn't surprise me at all:
    That kinda sounds like bollocks seeing as BP got chased out of Russia by the oligarchs precisely cos there was no international law that they could fall back on when the Russians started breaking the rules.
    Anyway, what about the National Emergency? Will he make it stick? What are the consequences if he does/doesn't? Is it gonna trip him up the bit about how he "doesn't need it"?

  16. #1903
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Fear - Dublin
    Posts
    7,536

    Default

    Nah, thats more or less OTM. Look at the alliance, Trump, Russia, the Saudis... the three biggest oil producers. Its all about predatory delay. Pump the oil and gas for as long as possible, raking in the profits and preventing the shift to renewables that would bankrupt their economies.

  17. #1904
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    It's funny how "British Petroleum" springs back to life sometimes when someone wants to make a point - no such company has existed since 1998, and while BP is still headquartered in London, it's mainly American-owned these days. Obama did the same thing after the big spill in the Gulf of Mexico a few years ago.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  18. #1905
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    It's funny how "British Petroleum" springs back to life sometimes when someone wants to make a point - no such company has existed since 1998, and while BP is still headquartered in London, it's mainly American-owned these days. Obama did the same thing after the big spill in the Gulf of Mexico a few years ago.
    Beyond Petroleum never quite stuck...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •