Page 127 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1978

Thread: Trump

a friend on FB writes..

My 2019 would be officially made if one of the Democratic candidates spent their whole primary campaign campaigning against Mike Pence on the assumption Trump will not be in office in November 2020. It would be the ultimate troll, as Trump has no idea what to do when 100% ignored."
    that would be hilarious, he hates not being the center of attention.

photoshopped version of trump sans combover hair and fake sun tan...aka, what he really looks like. (EDIT: apologies for not knowing how to make this frightening image smaller...)

Trump_hair copy.jpg

As he is he looks totally fucking weird. But he does stand out. If he looked like in that picture he would just be another one of those vaguely sinister suits you see any time you get a picture from Washington. So maybe from his point of view it's job done.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

Leo

Meanwhile, in Italy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    Meanwhile, in Italy

GREETINGS BATTLE BROTHERS I AM NEW. HOLDS UP BOLTER MY NAME IS SERGEANT ARGUS BUT YOU CAN CALL ME BATTLE BROTHER. AS YOU CAN SEE I AM VERY LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. THAT IS WHY I HAVE COME HERE, TO MEET OTHER BATTLE BROTHERS WHO ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR LIKE MYSELF. I AM 127 YEARS OF AGE ( PRAISE THE EMPEROR) I LIKE TO PURGE HERETICS AND XENO SCUM WITH MY BATTLE BROTHERS ( I LOVE MY BATTLE BROTHERS, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT THE DEAL WITH IT) IT IS OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. ALL MY BATTLE BROTHERS ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR TOO OF COURSE, BUT I WANT TO MEET MORE LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR. LIKE THE EMPEROR ONCE SAID, THE MORE THE MERRIER. I HOPE TO BOND WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR SO JOIN ME IN PRAISE OF THE EMPEROR. FAREWELL.

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

BATTLE BROTHER

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    GREETINGS BATTLE BROTHERS I AM NEW. HOLDS UP BOLTER MY NAME IS SERGEANT ARGUS BUT YOU CAN CALL ME BATTLE BROTHER. AS YOU CAN SEE I AM VERY LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. THAT IS WHY I HAVE COME HERE, TO MEET OTHER BATTLE BROTHERS WHO ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR LIKE MYSELF. I AM 127 YEARS OF AGE ( PRAISE THE EMPEROR) I LIKE TO PURGE HERETICS AND XENO SCUM WITH MY BATTLE BROTHERS ( I LOVE MY BATTLE BROTHERS, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT THE DEAL WITH IT) IT IS OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. ALL MY BATTLE BROTHERS ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR TOO OF COURSE, BUT I WANT TO MEET MORE LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR. LIKE THE EMPEROR ONCE SAID, THE MORE THE MERRIER. I HOPE TO BOND WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR SO JOIN ME IN PRAISE OF THE EMPEROR. FAREWELL.

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

BATTLE BROTHER
    I wish I could Like this more than once.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

this is a good analysis of trump to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    It's hard to know how much truth there is to this sort of thing, but this wouldn't surprise me at all:
    That kinda sounds like bollocks seeing as BP got chased out of Russia by the oligarchs precisely cos there was no international law that they could fall back on when the Russians started breaking the rules.
    Anyway, what about the National Emergency? Will he make it stick? What are the consequences if he does/doesn't? Is it gonna trip him up the bit about how he "doesn't need it"?

Nah, thats more or less OTM. Look at the alliance, Trump, Russia, the Saudis... the three biggest oil producers. Its all about predatory delay. Pump the oil and gas for as long as possible, raking in the profits and preventing the shift to renewables that would bankrupt their economies.

It's funny how "British Petroleum" springs back to life sometimes when someone wants to make a point - no such company has existed since 1998, and while BP is still headquartered in London, it's mainly American-owned these days. Obama did the same thing after the big spill in the Gulf of Mexico a few years ago.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    It's funny how "British Petroleum" springs back to life sometimes when someone wants to make a point - no such company has existed since 1998, and while BP is still headquartered in London, it's mainly American-owned these days. Obama did the same thing after the big spill in the Gulf of Mexico a few years ago.
    Beyond Petroleum never quite stuck...

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Anyway, what about the National Emergency?
    doesn't really matter if it sticks or not, that's not that point

or, it matters very much in a longer-term way: rule of law, defining powers of executive branch, checks and balances, etc

but immediately it's just about having the issue. he/his people don't want any kind of resolution, just an ongoing fight.

he said it himself "the only reason we're talking about this is because of the election"

the literal wall itself is so impractical, for so many reasons (geography, eminent domain of private property, etc). as well as ofc the absurd hyperbole of the invented "crisis".

Pelosi (credit where it's due) stared him down over the shutdown and he blinked first, so now we have this stupid bullshit

the executive branch powers, checks and balances stuff is v important, I don't wanna undersell that

it's not unlike what went on under Bush II, but more grotesque, farcical, etc

it's just, that damage will be longer-term. this declaration is just the media circus.

there was a long, amusing bit where he half-heartedly tried to distance himself from the idea that Hannity, Limbaugh, etc are pulling his strings.

to explain it procedurally - the President has a good deal of leeway to order governmental departments to do or not do certain things within existing law

for example, tell ICE to focus on violent offenders and hands off sanctuary cities. or alternatively, to crack down on everyone everywhere.

but executive orders can be challenged on legal and/or constitutional etc grounds, as happened with the travel ban

Trump said he's counting on SC to uphold this, as indeed they knuckled under to the travel ban on party lines (and that was before Kavanaugh replaced Kennedy)

Barr is both an absolute body and soul Trump lackey, and a huge proponent of executive power, so the DOJ will vigorously back this nonsense declaration

whether any of it actually results in significant new construction is another matter and, again, besides the point

we're also seeing what happens when a President can't/won't get competent people to work for him

a mediocre yes-man at State and AG, literally no one at Defense, a non-entity as interim WH Chief of Staff, on and on

everything is a fucking mess, unelected evil motherfuckers (Miller) or feckless bag-men (Kushner) whispering in the ear

I mean, fingers crossed for 2020 the Democrats don't fuck this up (they will; you know it, I know it, they know it)

tho I still feel worse for yall, since Brexit is forever