catalog

I mean this is an issue right? I would argue that most of the people who post on Dissensus are quite middle class, not necessarily in terms of here and now cash, but culturally and in terms of parents. Would I be right?

luka

Yeah, I would say for the most part, paste. Middle middle. Undistinguished. Often with a parent or two that clambered up the ladder. Couple of exceptions.

catalog

So I just don't think most of us have much of a clue how the (now, how can I put this?) people we consider less fortunate than ourselves, think about how life should be lived?

I mean, of course, we get mediated information, but I mean, this place, it's a massive circle of the same thing.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, I would say for the most part, paste. Middle middle. Undistinguished. Often with a parent or two that clambered up the ladder. Couple of exceptions.

I was surprised to learn that Eden's dad has a PhD! Mine left school at 16 with no qualifications and likes to joke that if he had any letters after his name, they'd say "11+ (failed)".

luka

And in those days only 3 people per year (on average) were awarded a PhD. It really meant something then.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
So I just don't think most of us have much of a clue how the (now, how can I put this?) people we consider less fortunate than ourselves, think about how life should be lived?

I mean, of course, we get mediated information, but I mean, this place, it's a massive circle of the same thing.

i think for a large part the difference between you and puclf's is they simply don't think on those terms. it's a day by day, basic survival and try to have some fun kind of thing.

catalog

i think for a large part the difference between you and puclf's is they simply don't think on those terms. it's a day by day, basic survival and try to have some fun kind of thing.

Well yeah, but let's also not make them into basics totally. like everyone else, surely they aspire to things?

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
i come from that world and i think it's not about being basic, it's about society, starting from school age, not revealing any other options. of course there are plenty of people who are exceptions. but as a whole, not many people make it out of the council estate/project

IdleRich

IdleRich
I do agree with you Leo about how there are a load of people who see that Trump is a stupid lying cunt but still prefer him to a slightly left alternative... but I don't think that on their own there are enough of them for him to win, there is a appreciable number of people who truly think (or claim to think or simply believe) that Trump is a paragon of virtue who is constantly sacrificing himself for his country and never lies... despite his documented infidelities, the records showing he's spent more time at the golf course (where he cheats) and less at the office than any other president, and the fact you can see him on telly switching positions from day to day. I don't care what class you are or your background, if you have eyes and ears and you can read that's fucking weird. Cult like is the only way I can describe it.

version

I may just have missed the coverage, but where's Biden in all this? Shouldn't he be front and centre if he's serious about the presidency?

luka

I may just have missed the coverage, but where's Biden in all this? Shouldn't he be front and centre if he's serious about the presidency?

Lots of speculation and criticism on Twitter about that over the last few days

Leo

Cuomo's got lots of skeletons in the closet but maybe that doesn't matter post-Trump. This crisis is definitely helping his 2024 prospects, though. The most visible governor, always on national news.

version

Cuomo's got lots of skeletons in the closet but maybe that doesn't matter post-Trump.

Yeah, Biden was filmed threatening to fight a member of the public the other week and nothing happened. There's been a shift.