Page 134 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2086

Thread: Trump

Well if there's any truth to it, I'm sure the wealth and power are a means to behaving like a monster as much as the reverse. Certainly for someone like Trump.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

The other thing is that psychopaths are apparently more common the higher up you go in the business world (politics included)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/08/the-...bad-thing.html

"1 in 5 business leaders may have psychopathic tendencies"

Seems pretty obvious that Epstein is somewhere on the psychopathy scale.
    Last edited by Corpsey; 09-07-2019 at 08:05 AM.

It's probably more than 1 in 5. I guess you already knew this but one of the main symptoms of being a psychopath is no feelings of remorse. I just learned the other day that another one is never feeling sad, which was a relief for me. I'm sad all the dang time!
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

I've read a lot about psychopathy. I'm sort of the opposite of a psychopath - easily overwhelmed by feelings - so I think that's where the fascination lies.

I think there is a big grey area for not feeling remorse when it comes to these huge social structures we exist in. You don't' have to be a psychopath to blunt that affect. For example, walking past homeless people in London - I think the longer I've lived here the easier I've found it to just ignore them as I walk past. I still feel twinges of guilt and sadness but even in those cases, a few minutes later and I've completely forgotten about them.

But I think to get to the top in any profession (more or less) you have to be ruthless in your interpersonal relations, i.e. willing to fuck people over and look them in the face afterwards. So being a psychopath must come in handy for that sort of thing.

It is interesting though that the majority of people, even when trained rigorously, react badly to killing other people in combat. PTSD is common. You can get a 'normal' person to kill other people in combat, even torture them, but the chances are they'll mentally crumble at some point afterwards. A psychopath might feel as bad about that as you or I would squashing a fly.

Yeah, certainly during WW1 most people never fired their guns I believe. I think there has been a steady increase in percentage each war but still some people struggle.
    What about this ambassador business? Storm in a tea cup I guess compared to the Epstein thing but yet again I'm amazed (I don't know why) by how childishly Trump comes across with his "yeah well this guy is a stupid head anyway" - I do think his role is kind of untenable now though, not his fault but the leak has compromised him.

“The wacky ambassador that the UK foisted upon the United States is not someone we are thrilled with, a very stupid guy,”
    “He should speak to his country, and prime minister May, about their failed Brexit negotiation, and not be upset with my criticism of how badly it was handled.
    “I told her how to do that deal, but she went her own foolish way – was unable to get it done. A disaster! I don’t know the ambassador but have been told he is a pompous fool. Tell him the USA now has the best economy and military anywhere in the world, by far and they are both only getting bigger, better and stronger.”
    Again and again I'm staggered that the president of the fucking United States writes at this level! It's absolutely amazing.

Conspiracy theory would be that Trump arranged the leak to take the heat off his Epstein conenction.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Again and again I'm staggered that the president of the fucking United States writes at this level! It's absolutely amazing.
    "I'm great and you're stupid, and you can't say otherwise because I could beat you up if I wanted to", is basically the gist, isn't it.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    "I'm great and you're stupid, and you can't say otherwise because I could beat you up if I wanted to", is basically the gist, isn't it.
    Pretty much. Except in fact it's "I don't actually know him but he's stupid".

So he's resigned. I had a feeling that that might happen cos his position was untenable... I was kinda hoping he would hang on and force the Tory leader (whoever that might be) to actually make a decision.

This way there's a chance for May to appoint his successor rather than Boris.

Yeah, I wonder who leaked it, not BJ I think cos it put him in a tricky position. He had the choice of either backing him against Trump and potentially going up against Trump on becoming PM if there was no resignation... he avoided this but has looked weak as fuck as a result. Hope it fucks him to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I've read a lot about psychopathy. I'm sort of the opposite of a psychopath - easily overwhelmed by feelings - so I think that's where the fascination lies.

I think there is a big grey area for not feeling remorse when it comes to these huge social structures we exist in. You don't' have to be a psychopath to blunt that affect. For example, walking past homeless people in London - I think the longer I've lived here the easier I've found it to just ignore them as I walk past. I still feel twinges of guilt and sadness but even in those cases, a few minutes later and I've completely forgotten about them.

But I think to get to the top in any profession (more or less) you have to be ruthless in your interpersonal relations, i.e. willing to fuck people over and look them in the face afterwards. So being a psychopath must come in handy for that sort of thing.
    Exactly what a psychopath would say

Here's a nice demonstration of 1) my non-psychopathy 2) my socially conditioned psychopathy

Yesterday I told my workmate that Amazon hadn't delivered these wireless headphones yet, when it was supposed to be delivered on sunday (next day delivery Amazon prime). So he said contact them through live chat and ask what's happening, and complain so you get a voucher.

And even though I was talking to someone I'd never met or will meet I had to get my workmate to complain to them because I couldn't stand to be an arsehole.

The proof of my socially conditioned psychopathy is that I use Amazon without feeling (very) guilty about it.