Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2085

Thread: Trump

I assume you all saw this a couple of weeks ago:

trump_thumbs.jpg

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...19-8?r=US&IR=T

I mean, this is just so far outside the normal range of human behaviour that it momentarily made me wonder it was really OK to hate him. His brain is actually broken, isn't it? Like, just completely fucked. Nobody with anything approaching normal intellectual or emotional faculties would have done that.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....
    Which surely has nothing at all to do with his popularity among actual, literal Nazis.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

the ultimate con man: beloved by jews and anti-Semitic white supremacist alike.

“I'm much more humble than you would understand.”

“I have the best temperament or certainly one of the best temperaments of anybody that’s ever run for the office of president. Ever.”

“I’m the most successful person ever to run for the presidency, by far. Nobody’s ever been more successful than me.”

“I'm the least racist person you have ever interviewed”

“I’m the least racist person you’ll find anywhere in the world.”

"Number one, I am the least anti-Semitic person that you’ve ever seen in your entire life. Number two, racism. The least racist person"

“I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to the Secret Service.”

"I am the world’s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."

“No one has done more for people with disabilities than me.”

"Nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump."

"There's nobody who understands the horror of nuclear more than me."

"There's nobody bigger or better at the military than I am."

"There's nobody that feels stronger about the intelligence community and the CIA than Donald Trump,"

"There’s nobody that’s done so much for equality as I have"

"There's nobody that has more respect for women than I do,"

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me"

"I am going to save Social Security without any cuts. I know where to get the money from. Nobody else does ."

"Nobody respects women more than I do"

"And I was so furious at that story, because there's nobody that respects women more than I do,"

"Nobody respects women more than Donald Trump"

"She can't talk about me because nobody respects women more than Donald Trump,"

"Nobody has more respect for women than Donald Trump!"

"Nobody has more respect for women than I do."

"Nobody has more respect for women than I do. Nobody."

“Nobody reads the Bible more than me.”

"Nobody loves the Bible more than I do"

"Nobody does self-deprecating humor better than I do. It’s not even close"

“Nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world.”

"Nobody knows more about trade than me"

"Nobody knows the (visa) system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. Nobody knows it better than me."

"Nobody knows debt better than me."

"I think nobody knows the system better than I do"

"I hope all workers demand that their @Teamsters reps endorse Donald J. Trump. Nobody knows jobs like I do! Don’t let them sell you out!"

“I know more about renewables than any human being on earth.”

“I know more about ISIS than the generals do.”

"I know more about contributions than anybody"

"I know more about offense and defense than they will ever understand, believe me. Believe me. Than they will ever understand. Than they will ever understand."

"I know more about wedges than any human being that's ever lived"

"I know more about drones than anybody,"

"I know more about Cory than he knows about himself."

"I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president"

"I know tech better than anyone"

“I’m very highly educated. I know words; I have the best words.”

"I know some of you may think l'm tough and harsh but actually I'm a very compassionate person (with a very high IQ) with strong common sense"

"I watch these pundits on television and, you know, they call them intellectuals. They're not intellectuals," Trump told thousands of supporters in the swing state. "I'm much smarter than them. I think I have a much higher IQ. I think I went to a better college — better everything,"

"@ajodom60: @FoxNews and as far as that low-info voter base goes, I have an IQ of 132. So much for that theory. #MakeAmericaGreatAgain"

Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault

“He’s been quite critical of you as you know. He’s attacked you for being ignorant,” Piers Morgan said to Trump. “Let’s do an IQ test,” Trump interrupted

"We can’t let these people, these so called egg-heads--and by the way, I guarantee you my IQ is much higher than theirs, alright. Somebody said the other day, ‘Yes, well the intellectuals–‘ I said, ‘What intellectuals? I’m smarter than they are, many of people in this audience are smarter than they are."

“You know, I’m, like, a smart person. I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years,” Trump told Fox News last December.

Trump says he has "one of the great memories of all time"

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

" ... I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

one gets the sense that he lacks subtly and nuance.

The very first sentence in that big list is just comedy gold by itself. "I'm the most modest man in the world! I actually won the World's Modestest Person championships five years running! I have an enormous ruby-encrusted trophy to prove it!!!!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Interesting take on Trump and Jews: tl,dr is that he believes all the old anti-Semitic stereotypes but sees them as admirable traits.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...praising-jews/

Trump latest: apparently he's suggested, on more than one occasion, that hurricanes headed towards the USA could be stopped by nuking them:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9078796.html

I can't help but find this grimly humorous. It's just like something a war-obsessed ten-year-old boy would say.

" ... I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Apologies if that's been posted before (or even if I posted it myself in fact) I'm not going back through one hundred and thirty odd pages of Trump stuff to check. Anyway, worth repeating if only for the amazing rhyme "He is a very strong and stable genius, of all the US presidents he is the Mussolini-est"
    Last edited by IdleRich; 26-08-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Trump latest: apparently he's suggested, on more than one occasion, that hurricanes headed towards the USA could be stopped by nuking them:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9078796.html

I can't help but find this grimly humorous. It's just like something a war-obsessed ten-year-old boy would say.
    yeah, it's nutty and yeah he's an idiot....BUT it's actually been debated in the past:

Trump didn't invent this idea. The notion that detonating a nuclear bomb over the eye of a hurricane could be used to counteract convection currents dates to the Eisenhower era, when it was floated by a government scientist.

The idea keeps resurfacing in the public even though scientists agree it won't work. The myth has been so persistent that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the U.S. government agency that predicts changes in weather and the oceans, published an online fact sheet for the public under the heading "Tropical Cyclone Myths Page."
    The page states: "Apart from the fact that this might not even alter the storm, this approach neglects the problem that the released radioactive fallout would fairly quickly move with the tradewinds to affect land areas and cause devastating environmental problems. Needless to say, this is not a good idea."
    About 3 weeks after Trump's 2016 election, National Geographic published an article titled, "Nuking Hurricanes: The Surprising History of a Really Bad Idea." It found, among other problems, that:

Dropping a nuclear bomb into a hurricane would be banned under the terms of the Peaceful Nuclear Explosions Treaty between the U.S. and the former Soviet Union. So that could stave off any experiments, as long as the U.S. observes the terms of the treaty.
    https://www.axios.com/trump-nuclear-...cf0e3f51c.html

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    yeah, it's nutty and yeah he's an idiot....BUT it's actually been debated in the past:

https://www.axios.com/trump-nuclear-...cf0e3f51c.html
    So it's not even an original terrible idea?

To be honest it sounds like the premise of one of those shitty "so bad it's good" deliberate B-movies that were popular in the wake of Snakes On A Plane. "From the people who brought you Sharknado... get ready for NUCLICANE!!!"

One of Trump's most consistent talking points for the past decade was how Obama and Bush kept getting the US into "stupid wars", and how he'd get us out of all those stupid wars and bring our troops home. He talks with a bully's bluster but actually doesn't want to get tied up militarily all over the world. He never liked war-hawk Bolton, who was kind of forced on him by the Fox News/neo-con wing of the GOP (whose support Trump needed).

So in the end, it's not surprising at all that Trump would eventually dump Bolton.