Page 39 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    We are almost in The World of President Trump. Not long now...
    It's spelled Putin.

http://m.truthdig.com/report/item/th...is_us_20170118

John Pilger excoriates Obama.

Thoughts on this? I get the feeling that Pilger is so anti American that he isn't willing to engage with the reality of Putin, for example. And I've been led to believe that Obama was blocked in many of his ambitions by Republicans in Congress. But no doubt there is much to his argument that Obama was forgiven the sins common to any American President because he is charming, and eloquent, and black.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

Lol, those lucky blacks get all the breaks, don't they?

Pilger can go shit a fuck. He's as bad as Milne.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

In the German speaking countries there is a deluge of articles and documentaries on the "Obama legacy", and the general tone usually is, he was such a gentleman, well mannered, well-spoken. But not much about his actual policies - and there isn't much he achieved within 8 years (dominant Republican congress or not). Obamacare will be dismantled, foreign relations with Cuba normalized - ok. Ukraine, Syria, Lybia - forgein policy failures. And may I remind you, he was awarded the Nobel peace prize - for what again exactly?

Obama was a war criminal, just like the rest of them.

Can't recall if it was posted here recently, but this a great piece by Gary Younge on how Obama paved the way for Trump by failing to tackle the banks at the height of the credit crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...d-trump-racism
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I hope everyone is watching the inauguration concert. Its something else.

The writers for House of Cards must be well hacked off. Virtually anything they come up with for the next series, short of alien invasion/zombie apocalypse, is almost bound to look tame compared to the real events of the last 18 months and, I would hazard a guess, the next four years.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    The writers for House of Cards must be well hacked off. Virtually anything they come up with for the next series, short of alien invasion/zombie apocalypse, is almost bound to look tame compared to the real events of the last 18 months and, I would hazard a guess, the next four years.
    i had that same thought, even their most over-the-top plot lines from past seasons pale in comparison. how could they outdo the pussygate tape or the russian pee party intel report?

they shouldn't even try to compete on that level, revert back to the focus of the first season or two when it was more about WDC machinations, palace intrigue and wielding influence in the corridors of power. more drama, fewer fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    I hope everyone is watching the inauguration concert. Its something else.
    There's enough material here for at least a year of semiotics and cultural studies classes. K-Punk would've had a field day with this.

i don't think i'm going turn on my TV until saturday to check out the protest marches.

please no more experts/pundits on TV drawing parallels between the 1930s and today. im sure bannon who wrote that speech knows the parallels, and is maybe just trolling all those he knows will point out the echoes, but its too easy almost. and can look too hysterical. then again, for people that dont know, its probably good they know some of the history being echoed. i dont really want to know any more about the new POTUS until monday when we know for sure what he has done. because right now, its just suggestion and gloomy forecasting.

the whole reaction to trump is sickening and shows the left for the hollow shell that it is. when has it ever been this difficult to have a political conversation? where is the tolerance? even a mild defence or calm exposition of what trump said/implied is met with an immediate nasty turning off, as if one had professed a love for hitler. their minds have been poisoned. and now the spectacle of defacement and nastiness and intolerance from supposedly loving progressives.. to quote trump: sad!
    la sonrisa es divina, la risa humana, la carcajada animal

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bruno For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    the whole reaction to trump is sickening and shows the left for the hollow shell that it is. when has it ever been this difficult to have a political conversation? where is the tolerance? even a mild defence or calm exposition of what trump said/implied is met with an immediate nasty turning off, as if one had professed a love for hitler. their minds have been poisoned. and now the spectacle of defacement and nastiness and intolerance from supposedly loving progressives.. to quote trump: sad!
    there are plenty of engaging and insightful political discussions going on now, don't get distracted by the minority of pundits who are indeed hysterical. and fwiw, considering the people he's surrounded himself with, his stated agenda, his questionable temperament, his extreme narcissism, his thin skin and general demeanor, i'd say there are plenty of valid reasons for vocal opposition and protest.