Page 7 of 119 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Is Trump sabotaging his own campaign?
    The Morning Joe panel discusses Donald Trump's campaign and if the leading GOP candidate actually wants to be president.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/wat...n-693354563575

don't have to watch the whole thing, the first few minutes are enough.

interesting perspective: deep down inside, he's actually scared of being president.

in light of how he's been behaving and trashing GOP leaders, he could just be the typical egomaniac CEO who is convinced everything he does is right...or he could (consciously or unconsciously) be shooting himself in the foot. he's smart enough to know he needs to "pivot" and not be such a firebrand now that the primaries are done, but he's still chugging along making fun of romney, NM governor martinez (who is EXACTLY the type of successful/female/hispanic GOP supporter and possibly even running mate he needs to win general election). why attack her, of all people?

it might be crazy talk, but so much doesn't add up that it just might be true.

Trump fired one of his campaign workers after a dispute between his aides. But the guys name is Wiley and my twitter feed is filled with news and music and politics so it shows up like TRUMP FIRES WILEY.
    did you tronc today?

Is there a good summary somewhere of why so many people seem to loathe Hilary?

I don't need to be told why they loathe Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Is there a good summary somewhere of why so many people seem to loathe Hilary?
    opponents (both GOP and bernie supporters) depict her and the clintons in general as the symbol of crony capitalism. from bill's time in the white house to the clinton foundation, they are seen as selling access and power to the highest bidders regardless of how unsavory.

she gets tarred with all that was wrong with bill's presidency ("disgracing the office" with lewinsky, impeachment, etc.)

they see her as hypocritical in claiming to uphold democratic values while also cozying up to wall street (collecting $500k from goldman sachs for a 20-minute speech, etc.)

they say she's untrustworthy and plays by a different sent of rules (see: private email and server).

in fairness, the large majority of politicians help those who help them, suck up to big money donors and say/do whatever is politically expedient. i think the notion is the clintons take it all to the next level, elevating it to an art form.

i voted for her.

I thought it was because she's a ruthless, sociopathic war criminal.

Donald Trump just had the worst five days of his campaign, just an awful social media replay of himself doubling down and tripling down on the same self inflicted wound that he brought up for no good reason. The political press claims Ivanka and Chris Christie and two other close aides wrote his speech last night but that was five days of sticking every Republican in a trap where they need to sound like they disagree with him but can't insult his followers.
    did you tronc today?

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    I thought it was because she's a ruthless, sociopathic war criminal.
    that's a bit hyperbolic, but i get your point. it's certainly an issue, but for this election, american voters don't seem to care as much about it. this time around, it's more about domestic issues: jobs/economy, stagnant/declining wages, loss of the middle class, wealth disparity (followed to a slightly lesser degree by immigration, domestic terrorist threat, supreme court justices, etc.).

not saying that's right, just saying how it is.

So Wiley was fired, then rehired in a power play between some of the guys fighting for Trump's attention?
    did you tronc today?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    a great shame japan never overtook america as world cultural and economic hegemon as it was supposed to in the 1980s

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...l?tid=pm_pop_b

Hillary's warmongering sociopathy aside, the best possible result at this point is surely that she wins, Trump gets buried and the Republican party has to face up to the fact that it's effectively shot itself in the head by sucking up to the wingnuts all these years?

Donald J. Trump on Wednesday offered a defiant defense of his campaign’s decision to publish an image widely viewed as anti-Semitic — saying he regretted deleting it — and vigorously reaffirmed his praise of Saddam Hussein, the murderous Iraqi dictator.
    from the NYT

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...banned-twitter

I rarely have as extreme a reaction towards people as this guy (having watched a speech he made at a Trump rally) - absolutely repulsive, and dangerously able to make himself seem 'reasonable' if you stop tuning in for a second to what he is actually saying. i.e. the kind of person who would very much fit the mould of a future fascist leader somewhere.

Should be locked in a room and forced to undergo the therapy he desperately needs until he hates himself and others a little bit less.