Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1205

Thread: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    Actually, it's not.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Flynn lobbied for Turkish-linked firm after election, documents show

President Donald Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn wrote an op-ed on Election Day calling for the U.S. to kick out an anti-government Turkish cleric without disclosing he was being paid by a firm linked to the Turkish government, according to documents newly filed with the Justice Department.

POLITICO reported in November that Flynn's consulting firm, Flynn Intel Group, was lobbying for a Dutch consulting firm with ties to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The new documents confirm that Flynn lobbied for the Turkish-linked firm, Inovo BV, before and immediately after the election. They also reveal that Flynnís firm secretly met with the Turkish foreign and energy ministers in New York less than two months before the election. According to Inovoís founder, Kamil Ekim Alptekin, the meeting was with Flynn himself.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-turkey-235843

in any other administration, this would be shocking. for the trump administration, it's not even surprising.

i'm on an extended business trip thru the end of next week, it's so nice to not have access to news all day and be unplugged from all this nonsense for a couple of weeks. hopefully america, or at least some reasonable form of it, will still be there when i get back.

https://patribotics.blog/2017/01/17/...-trump-russia/

msm got sweet fa, louise mensch is on the case ffs

an amazing tangle of skullduggery, developing moment by moment,

probably just more fake news, never mind all those dead russian "diplomats"

Trump has been on the brink of the precipice for so many months already tho

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...ograms-n734316

'hopefully america, or at least some reasonable form of it, will still be there when i get back.'

Sorry Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...ograms-n734316

'hopefully america, or at least some reasonable form of it, will still be there when i get back.'

Sorry Leo
    yeah, i liked this simple summary from new york magazine:

President Trumpís new budget would increase defense spending by $54 billion ó while slashing funding for medical research, climate science, public housing, education, aid to the indigent, infrastructure, and many, many other things.

another good one:

White House budget director Mick Mulvaney, joining Spicer at yesterday's briefing:

"Regarding the question as to climate change, I think the President was fairly straightforward — we're not spending money on that anymore; we consider that to be a waste of your money to go out and do that. So that is a specific tie to his campaign."
    got it? the republican/trump base has taken it upon themselves to make the definitive decision that it's "a waste of [taxpayer] money" to protect the nation's -- and the world's -- coastal cities and economies. fuck all you scientists and "experts". we've had enough of experts, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    we've had enough of experts, right?
    Spoken like a true goldfish-faced cunt!

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Celebrates St. Patrick's day by releasing a video featuring a bagpipe rendition of amazing grace and quoting an Irish proverb written by a Nigerian Muslim.

a couple of observations on a sunday morning...

mandatory austerity for regular americans while the trumps and their posse take their seventh straight weekend at a trump-owned property, at a cost of millions to american taxpayers in travel and security expenses.

recent photos on ivanka's instagram taken at places that will be adversely affected by her father's gutting of the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities: new york city ballet, national museum of american history, museum mile event (for children and fundraising), metropolitan museum of art, "hamilton" (given a $40,000 grant for artist residency program), etc.

such assholes.
    Last edited by Leo; 19-03-2017 at 12:02 PM.

palace intrigue. the enemy of my enemy is my friend: never thought i'd be routing for some top goldman sachs guys.

Inside Trump’s White House, New York moderates spark infighting and suspicion
    Inside the White House, they are dismissed by their rivals as “the Democrats.”

Outspoken, worldly and polished, this coterie of ascendant Manhattan business figures-turned-presidential advisers is scrambling the still-evolving power centers swirling around President Trump.

Led by Gary Cohn and Dina Powell — two former Goldman Sachs executives often aligned with Trump’s eldest daughter and his son-in-law — the group and its broad network of allies are the targets of suspicion, loathing and jealousy from their more ideological West Wing colleagues.

On the other side are the Republican populists driving much of Trump’s nationalist agenda and confrontations, led by chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon, who has grown closer to Chief of Staff Reince Priebus in part to counter the New Yorkers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...474_story.html