droid

Rob Porter, Hope Hicks, Gates guilty plea, Manafort trial date, Sessions again, Gun control spinning, Ivanka FBI investigation, Kushner security clearance, Kushner loan scandal, possible McMaster departure, Kelly public shading, unplanned trade war, rapid poll decline.

This may be the most chaotic few weeks yet for Trump. Reports saying he is 'unglued and furious'.

Leo

not surprising, since he's a free trader who always argues against tariffs.

of course, there's word that trump is just talking about steel tariffs now because there's a special election in pennsylvania (the heart of steel country) this month, so he wants to curry favor with the remaining and former steel workers and his base. once the election is over, he'll probably back down or let it fade away unimplemented like he's done in the past (remember the transgender ban in the military?)

droid

Mercenary scumbag Eric Prince meets Kremlin agent in remote island location to establish secret Russian contacts for Trump and then lies about it. Stormy Daniels sues over non disclosure agreement as Trump never actually signed it & Sanders admits Trump involvement, New evidence of Kushner back channel to Moscow, Nunberg meltdown gives credence to Trump/Russian hooker scandal, Tariff plans are signed and push ahead sparking potential trade war, TRUMP AGREES TO MEET KIM JONG-UN.

Leo

we'd scoff at the overabundance of these over-the-top plot twists if they appeared in a TV series, accuse them of jumping the shark. and yet, it's real life.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
Has anyone read 'Fire and Fury' yet?

I was put off it a bit cos I heard an interview with the author and he sounds like a right prick

Leo

Has anyone read 'Fire and Fury' yet?

I was put off it a bit cos I heard an interview with the author and he sounds like a right prick

my wife bought it, partly as a joke and partly as a show of solidarity with the anti-trump effort. neither of us have read it yet.

and i don't have a problem with michael wolff, he's a shit stirrer who's not afraid to poke elites like murdoch and trump.

version

Apparently someone was lobbying to have Tillerson removed because he wouldn't back UAE against Qatar.

The BBC has obtained leaked emails that show a lobbying effort to get US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson sacked for failing to support the United Arab Emirates against regional rival Qatar. Major Trump fundraiser and UAE-linked businessman Elliott Broidy met US President Donald Trump in October 2017 and urged him to sack Mr Tillerson, the emails reveal.

In other emails, he calls the top US diplomat "a tower of Jello", "weak" and says he "needs to be slammed". Mr Broidy says Qatar hacked his emails. "We have reason to believe this hack was sponsored and carried out by registered and unregistered agents of Qatar seeking to punish Mr Broidy for his strong opposition to state-sponsored terrorism," a spokesman for the businessman said. He said some of the emails "may have been altered" but did not elaborate.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well you don't necessarily have to get someone for the worst thing they've done in order to properly get them. Look at Al Capone.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh god yeah, the man was up to his eyeballs in heavy mob activity for decades before he ever went into politics. That's no secret at all.

luka

Alex Jones liked
War Room
‏ @WarRoomShow
2h2 hours ago

Which of the following groups is the most anti-American?

ACLU
56%Democrat Party
28%CNN/ISIS
5%MSNBC/MS-13

droid

There may not be a silver bullet, but the investigation could bring down everyone close to him and force him out. Meaningful collusion is a plausible.

Regardless, it doesnt really matter unless the dems retake the houses. They will take the Alabama seat in December and are currently running at 46.8% for congress and in the high 50's in the generic ballot. Its a real possibility.

Wasnt around last week to predict the PA result, but had been following the polls and had a gut feeling Lamb would take it, especially after Tump's kiss of death.

But Im gonna go on the record now and predict a Dem Tsunami in November. I think its gonna be far worse than expected for the GOP & is being underegged by the generic ballot. 13-17 point shift, maybe more, 270+ seats for the dems, minimum 240, a huge seat shift comparable to 1964, with a shit ton of new dem candidates, followed by a GOP implosion.

Senate is till 50/50 though.

droid

My thinking is that a lot of Trump voters are basically like UKip voters and can be won over by a combination of depressed GOP turnout, radical (by US standards) new Sanders type candidates and more right wing Lamb style dems in the more conservative Republican constituencies.

droid

All presuming there isnt a war or a major terrorist attack in the meantime, though this could also play against the GOP depending on the circumstances.