craner

Beast of Burden
Trump will get a second term. Nothing has really changed.

I'm doubling down too :cool:

See you on the other side, Droid.

"Nice working with you Dr. Venkman."

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
"According to a report by Good Jobs Nation the outsourcing of US jobs by federal contractors rose to the highest annual level on record in Trump’s first year in office with federal contractors sending 10,269 American jobs abroad, almost triple the 3,801 in the last year of the Obama administration."

droid

Fingers crossed, for all of our sakes.

DrP_C4BWoAESQxr.jpg

Leo

unsure about a massive blue wave but do think the dems will take the house and win at least one big upset (Georgia or Florida governorship, Beto in Texas, etc.)

craner

Beast of Burden
Not me. Fascinated to see the results though. Will probably keep the World Service on all night, quietly, to suit my fitful sleeping habits

craner

Beast of Burden
It is ridiculous and presumptuous for the likes of me and Droid to make predictions about US elections, though I can't shake the feeling that Trump's Republican party (can't really bring myself to refer to it in the former GOP terminology any more) will be happier when I wake up.

version

It is ridiculous and presumptuous for the likes of me and Droid to make predictions about US elections, though I can't shake the feeling that Trump's Republican party (can't really bring myself to refer to it in the former GOP terminology any more) will be happier when I wake up.

I think both parties and their supporters are going to be miserable for the foreseeable future.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm normally up until three at the earliest and I guess I'll be checking the results until I go to bed... unless they get too depressing which has been the case in the last ten or so elections.....

Leo

far less than a blue wave but winning the house was by far the most important thing, and the dems prevailed. trump has been able to steamroll because the GOP had all three branches of government, this will be the first time he will be held accountable for anything. dems take every house committee chair position, only a matter of time before Adam Schiff has trumps tax returns in his hands and don jr. gets indicted.

bummed the dems didn't take one of the big races in Florida or Texas, Georgia is still too close to call. and two GOP house reps who have been indicted managed to win reelection, oy.

but don't overlook the pretty great progress on women and minorities winning house districts, put there by huge waves of women and minority voters. midterms typically have really low turnout, yet Madison, WI recorded 91% turnout of registered voters, that's insane (and the state where Scott fucking walker got booted from his governorship!).

lots of other positive news: first muslim woman in congress, first woman governor of Maine, first openly gay governor of Colorado.

Leo

Irony of ironies: Scott Walker signed a law preventing second place finishers from requesting a recount if they lost by more than 1%. Walker lost by 1.2%!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Statement from FOX execs after Tucker Carlson's home is targeted by antifa protesters:

"We as a nation have become far too intolerant of different points of view," the executives said. "Recent events across our country clearly highlight the need for a more civil, respectful, and inclusive national conversation. Those of us in the media and in politics bear a special obligation to all Americans, to find common ground."

thats-rich.jpg

version

He's always looked weak but he looks very weak at present. The recent bust ups with the press have been embarrassing to say the least and he went on some rambling, barely coherent speech earlier. It was basically twenty minutes of nothing.

Leo

...and then flies to France but spends the day in his Paris hotel room watching tv instead of traveling 60 miles to the war memorial service because it was raining (but chief of staff John kelly, as well as leaders of other nations, somehow manage to attend).

and as California is overrun with two major wildfires that have killed more than two dozen people and destroyed tens of thousands of homes and and businesses, he can't find the empathy to share condolences for the dead and vow support for families and fire fighters. instead, he tweets about how the fire damage is caused by local mismanagement and threatens to cut federal funding. who does that even play to? does it excite his base because of their hated of Hollywood liberal elites and Nancy Pelosi?

total fucking disgrace.

Last edited: