Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Actually, it's not.

hqdefault.jpg

Leo

Flynn lobbied for Turkish-linked firm after election, documents show

President Donald Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn wrote an op-ed on Election Day calling for the U.S. to kick out an anti-government Turkish cleric without disclosing he was being paid by a firm linked to the Turkish government, according to documents newly filed with the Justice Department.

POLITICO reported in November that Flynn's consulting firm, Flynn Intel Group, was lobbying for a Dutch consulting firm with ties to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The new documents confirm that Flynn lobbied for the Turkish-linked firm, Inovo BV, before and immediately after the election. They also reveal that Flynn’s firm secretly met with the Turkish foreign and energy ministers in New York less than two months before the election. According to Inovo’s founder, Kamil Ekim Alptekin, the meeting was with Flynn himself.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/michael-flynn-lobby-turkey-235843

in any other administration, this would be shocking. for the trump administration, it's not even surprising.

Leo

i'm on an extended business trip thru the end of next week, it's so nice to not have access to news all day and be unplugged from all this nonsense for a couple of weeks. hopefully america, or at least some reasonable form of it, will still be there when i get back.

Leo

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...s-elimination-dozens-federal-programs-n734316

'hopefully america, or at least some reasonable form of it, will still be there when i get back.'

Sorry Leo

yeah, i liked this simple summary from new york magazine:

President Trump’s new budget would increase defense spending by $54 billion — while slashing funding for medical research, climate science, public housing, education, aid to the indigent, infrastructure, and many, many other things.

Leo

another good one:

White House budget director Mick Mulvaney, joining Spicer at yesterday's briefing:

"Regarding the question as to climate change, I think the President was fairly straightforward — we're not spending money on that anymore; we consider that to be a waste of your money to go out and do that. So that is a specific tie to his campaign."

got it? the republican/trump base has taken it upon themselves to make the definitive decision that it's "a waste of [taxpayer] money" to protect the nation's -- and the world's -- coastal cities and economies. fuck all you scientists and "experts". we've had enough of experts, right?

droid

Celebrates St. Patrick's day by releasing a video featuring a bagpipe rendition of amazing grace and quoting an Irish proverb written by a Nigerian Muslim.

Leo

a couple of observations on a sunday morning...

mandatory austerity for regular americans while the trumps and their posse take their seventh straight weekend at a trump-owned property, at a cost of millions to american taxpayers in travel and security expenses.

recent photos on ivanka's instagram taken at places that will be adversely affected by her father's gutting of the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities: new york city ballet, national museum of american history, museum mile event (for children and fundraising), metropolitan museum of art, "hamilton" (given a $40,000 grant for artist residency program), etc.

such assholes.

Last edited:

Leo

palace intrigue. the enemy of my enemy is my friend: never thought i'd be routing for some top goldman sachs guys.

Inside Trump’s White House, New York moderates spark infighting and suspicion
Inside the White House, they are dismissed by their rivals as “the Democrats.”

Outspoken, worldly and polished, this coterie of ascendant Manhattan business figures-turned-presidential advisers is scrambling the still-evolving power centers swirling around President Trump.

Led by Gary Cohn and Dina Powell — two former Goldman Sachs executives often aligned with Trump’s eldest daughter and his son-in-law — the group and its broad network of allies are the targets of suspicion, loathing and jealousy from their more ideological West Wing colleagues.

On the other side are the Republican populists driving much of Trump’s nationalist agenda and confrontations, led by chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon, who has grown closer to Chief of Staff Reince Priebus in part to counter the New Yorkers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e3c4d2-0b1c-11e7-a15f-a58d4a988474_story.html

sufi

lala
the enemy of my enemy is my friend
So what now? are we supposed to believe that Comey of the FBI, having delivered the election into Trump's hands, is now gonna rescue democracy from him? well shifty.

Seems like it's all in Putin's hands now, so who do we reckon he'd rather nuke? N Korea? "the middle east"? Scotland?

Leo

So what now? are we supposed to believe that Comey of the FBI, having delivered the election into Trump's hands, is now gonna rescue democracy from him? well shifty.

i was being a bit facetious, and in reference to gary cohn from goldman sachs. but who the hell knows at this point what's really going on or will happen.

Leo

i think the media enjoys pushing this gary cohn story line, probably because they know it annoys trump and the bannon/miller faction, and fuels the white house infighting.

Tom Friedman's N.Y. Times column today is a memo to Trump's War Cabinet ("the five adults with the most integrity in the Trump administration"), urging them to act as Trump's parents.

The Daddy for today is burly economic adviser Gary Cohn, according to the juiciest (and last) paragraph of an account by the N.Y. Times' Thrush and Haberman of White House aides' "nearly paralytic inability to tell Mr. Trump that he has erred or gone too far on Twitter."

"In a recent meeting in the Oval Office, Mr. Cohn was speaking when Mr. Trump interrupted him. 'Let me finish,' Mr. Cohn interjected ... Trump, unaccustomed to ceding the floor, let him make his point."

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
https://apnews.com/122ae0b5848345fa...plan-to-'greatly-benefit-the-Putin-Government

'WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, secretly worked for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Russian President Vladimir Putin a decade ago and proposed an ambitious political strategy to undermine anti-Russian opposition across former Soviet republics, The Associated Press has learned. The work appears to contradict assertions by the Trump administration and Manafort himself that he never worked for Russian interests.

Manafort proposed in a confidential strategy plan as early as June 2005 that he would influence politics, business dealings and news coverage inside the United States, Europe and the former Soviet republics to benefit the Putin government, even as U.S.-Russia relations under Republican President George W. Bush grew worse.'