Leo

now known as sloppy steve.

trump may not be fit for the presidency, but he’s got a gift for sophomoric nicknames.

Leo

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart," he wrote on Twitter.

craner

Beast of Burden
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/custome...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1408711400

You will no doubt bring to this book your own prejudices and views of the Trump presidency. For my part, as a Brit viewing things from a non-partisan distance, I find the Trump Presidency like a grizzly slow motion car crash - I am horrified but unable to draw my eyes away from the carnage and debris of scattered bloodied bodies spread across the carriageway while unable to act. I find the breathtaking hipocrisy, apparent detachment from reality, demand for praise and total lack of decorum or diplomacy utterly beyond belief.

This high profile and controversial book lifts the lid on what is the most disorganised, inept and incompetent presidency in US history. Period. The author had a privileged inside view of the mechanics and personalities of the Trump Whitehouse. His observations are both hilarious (in that they largely confirm and add weight to what so many believed already) and scary in that this man who is considered stupid, uneducated, and possibly unhinged by many of those who work around and with him feel that he is utterly unfit for this high office. Whatever else you think of this book it is certainly VERY entertaining. It shows a vainglorious man who has had everything handed to him on a plate and who only wanted the kudos of winning, and not the actual responsibility of the job, thrashing about wildly from one crisis of his own making to another, utterly incompetent and out of his depth. And despite smears against the author by Trump supporters it has an air of authenticity and rings true with what we already know about this vain, lazy, hypocritical narcissist who likes to alienate his allies, knows words, all the best words (but often seems unintelligible), who didn't realise there were so many countries and who promised he would not have time for golfing, despite having spent almost a third of his first year holidaying or at his own [golfing resort] properties and charging the state for his own protection duty and golf cart rentals at monumental cost. Kerching!

Here are the tanturms, the views and opinions of colleagues, the inability or refusals to listen to the considered or expert advice of others, observations on family - none of which give a flattering view of Trump, his administration or his children. In places it is laugh out funny. Except this petulant child has access to nuclear weapons and no impulse control. And seemingly no checks and balances.

Frankly anyone who still supports this presidency after reading this book needs professional help. To those 33% of US voters still supporting him what more does it take? Does he have to start stamping babies, or worse, puppies to death on 5th Avenue?

1807 people found this helpful.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Will Trump's presidency now be remembered as "the shithole presidency"?

Possibly until the next shitty thing this piece of shit does.

droid

Interesting.

Shocking trend that young white men are the least progressive group on virtually all issues.

Leo

headline of the week (from politico): "Demoralized Trump aides grapple with 'shithole'-gate"

droid

"Trumpism is a death cult. It counts among its priests a sheriff who tortured the poorest among us. Its saints are the victims of colored crime, and its sinners are African Americans (living reminders that American freedom was made possible only by American slavery), Latino migrants (themselves the victims of decades of trade deregulation, who come bearing a political tradition that says health care, education, and human dignity are human rights), and refugees from regions devastated by US militarism. But the cult has proved so confounding—which partly explains why those who dismiss it as immoral buffoonery find it hard to come up with an effective alternative—because what came before was also a death cult."

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-death-cult-of-trumpism/

sadmanbarty

Bullshit, she wasn't born yesterday and even if that wasn't her explicit intention, she can't have not known it was pretty likely. Not to mention that the way she did it was illegal in the first place.

Right, because I've been bigging up Anonymous or something. :rolleyes: Yes, she lost her job too, and received a deluge of vile abuse. I knew that. But this, in a sense, just emphasises my point. It's not even a zero-sum situation. No-one wins here. Would any of you believe me if I said I wholeheartedly want there to be less sexism, of the common-or-garden, anti-woman kind? Because it's clear to me that there are people making a charade of being anti-sexist while doing things that any thinking person could tell are only going to exacerbate that exact problem. I mean, what's the endgame here? Equality or a scorched-earth culture war?

He hasn't posted since.

droid

DT1DpsVUQAA7Ep1.jpg

Leo

i miss tea, hope he resurfaces. we don't always agree, but then again i don't always agree with anyone.