Leo

How has Trump measured up to your expectations so far; better, worse, the same?

it's only been a month, so way too early to give an assessment but not much of a surprise so far, really. i think most people imagined he'd continue to be preoccupied by his never-ending narcissistic quest for adulation while surrendering a sizable chunk of policy to swamp dwellers from the billionaire and far-right classes, which is pretty much what's happened so far.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Leo

upcoming trump tweet: "No one talked to Russia except my Campaign Manager, National Security Advisor, Attorney General and like 11 other guys. NO ONE."

Leo

putting aside the fact that obama didn't tap trump's phone...the irony is that in order for a phone to be tapped, a judge has to review evidence and find it to be convincing. if obama had tapped trump's phone, it would have only been possible because a judge determined there was probable cause to do it!

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
And now it turns out he's been discussing government business at Mar-a-Lago over the public wi-fi. I'll say that again: over the public wi-fi.

But still: her emails!

firefinga

More from my fav right wing conspiracy nutter twitter feed:

Why are libs demanding evidence that Obama spied on Trump?

Unnamed sources & baseless claims were enough to satisfy their Russia hysteria.
658 replies 9,902 retweets 17,456 likes

Yet more, nothing but negative responses from verified accounts to Trump tweets due to Twitter's continued censorship of positive replies.

Bannon is working closely with Trump on combating what he calls the "deep state" in intel comm, per multiple people at WH

Trump going on the offensive against Obama after Obama launched campaign to overthrow him. Bold & right move.

No evidence is presented in that article, which is based on dubious, anonymous intelligence sources (partisan intel agents who hate Trump).

The deep state is attempting to isolate Trump by sabotaging his loyalists & surrounding him with globalists.

Leo

Personally, I'm rooting for Al Franken and Jill Stein to team up on the same ticket in 2020, just to see the bumper stickers.

Leo

from axios on the obama wiretapping claim:

"The president just has a great nose for these things," the official said. "It's the bureaucratic leaks — the deep state — that bother him most. Even if it turns out not to be true that they surveilled Trump Tower, he will have a very good point to make about the level of sabotage coming from Obama holdovers."

Those facts help explain Trump's high-stakes decision to ask Congress to add Obama abuse of "executive branch investigative powers" to its Russia investigation. For Trump spokespeople, it's a handy punt: Now they don't have to defend or explain Trump's tweets, and just refer questioners to Congress.

But the risk is that there'll be a day of reckoning — perhaps after documents are subpoenaed and testimony demanded — when a Republican Congress embarrasses the White House by saying the president was flat wrong when he accused his predecessor of a crime.

Towergate is a fascinating test of Trump's great gamble that he can do the job of president in a totally new way: largely improvisational, driven by whims, moods and obsessessions; thinly staffed, like his campaign, and with poorly enforced process, not taking advantage of the massive safety net available to him; heavily reliant on family; and unconstrained by manners, rituals or precedent.

A Democratic theory is that if Trump believes problematic transcripts of recorded calls with Russians may dribble or gush out, why not discredit them in advance as a political dirty trick? Then when they emerge, you can say "Aha!" rather than being on the defensive.

But a Republican close to the White House said that's overthinking it: That "view is quite plausible. But I do not believe they are playing chess. I think they are playing Trivial Pursuit."

craner

Beast of Burden
Mehriban Aliyeva has just become Vice President (as well as First Lady) or Azerbaijan. Great family!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Watched an Alex Jones video on youtube the other day out of morbid curiosity, and was amazed at the comments to be found below it. Not amazed, actually, but dismayed at how stupid and deluded some people are. (Though doubtless they or others could easily say the same about me in my liberal complacency, and be correct!)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
(Though doubtless they or others could easily say the same about me in my liberal complacency, and be correct!)

The self-doubt you're expressing here is symptomatic of the universe-wide cognitive gap between you and them, though.