Leo

i don't think i'm going turn on my TV until saturday to check out the protest marches.

rubberdingyrapids

please no more experts/pundits on TV drawing parallels between the 1930s and today. im sure bannon who wrote that speech knows the parallels, and is maybe just trolling all those he knows will point out the echoes, but its too easy almost. and can look too hysterical. then again, for people that dont know, its probably good they know some of the history being echoed. i dont really want to know any more about the new POTUS until monday when we know for sure what he has done. because right now, its just suggestion and gloomy forecasting.

bruno

est malade
the whole reaction to trump is sickening and shows the left for the hollow shell that it is. when has it ever been this difficult to have a political conversation? where is the tolerance? even a mild defence or calm exposition of what trump said/implied is met with an immediate nasty turning off, as if one had professed a love for hitler. their minds have been poisoned. and now the spectacle of defacement and nastiness and intolerance from supposedly loving progressives.. to quote trump: sad!

Leo

the whole reaction to trump is sickening and shows the left for the hollow shell that it is. when has it ever been this difficult to have a political conversation? where is the tolerance? even a mild defence or calm exposition of what trump said/implied is met with an immediate nasty turning off, as if one had professed a love for hitler. their minds have been poisoned. and now the spectacle of defacement and nastiness and intolerance from supposedly loving progressives.. to quote trump: sad!

there are plenty of engaging and insightful political discussions going on now, don't get distracted by the minority of pundits who are indeed hysterical. and fwiw, considering the people he's surrounded himself with, his stated agenda, his questionable temperament, his extreme narcissism, his thin skin and general demeanor, i'd say there are plenty of valid reasons for vocal opposition and protest.

bruno

est malade
quite right, what i object to is the demonisation of trump that has made discourse with close friends and loved ones almost impossible, something i had never encountered even in heated pro-anti pinochet stuff here in chile (where one could legitimately repudiate a dictator for this and that). i don't object to legitimate opposition to trump policies or picks, i do take issue with the complete black/white depiction and complete unwillingness to see things as they are rather than this absurd trump=hitler thing which is unfortunately very prevalent.

sufi

lala
the reaction to trump? it is indeed.
when you suffered a world-shaking defeat, demonising the victors smells like sour grapes, we've been over this with brexit, and it's the opposite of useful, in fact isn't perversely self-destructive?

bruno

est malade
it is indeed sufi, i do hope the frenzy dies down and this (and all governments set to take power in europe and elsewhere) are judged by their actions rather than conjecture.

droid

WTF is going on with you lunatics?

2.6 million people (and counting) all over the US, and hundreds of thousands more globally came out today against a regime that is planning to rollback social, racial, environmental and economic standards back to the 1800's and, if climate (and maybe nuclear) policy is enacted, devastate the planet.

You don't give psychopaths and their neo-nazi comrades 'a chance' to put their program in action. You resist them from day one and keep resisting, by any means necessary.

luka

Yeah sorry Bruno you're as wrong as anyone has been on here since craner was cheerleading for war in Iraq

droid

Have any of you actually been paying attention to the senate approval hearings? Every one of trump's cabinet wants to dismantle their departments. He plagiarised Bane from Batman in his inauguration speech. He had a neo-nazi write said speech and then tweeted a picture of himself 'writing' it at a desk in a public corridor at Mara-Lago. He had an exact copy of Obama's inauguration cake made for his after-party- but made of stryofoam.

Its literally impossible to demonise, or indeed, parody Trump.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Trump thrives on adversity and is never happier than when he's - ludicrously, of course - painting himself as the plucky underdog. This presents a dilemma for his opponents, because the options are to criticize him and thereby give him exactly what he wants, or to be silent and thereby effectively legitimize him. It's a thorny one.

droid

He has a microscopically thin skin, is narcissistic to the point of insanity and desperately craves approval. He used a picture of Obama's inauguration for his new twitter banner for @potus before changing it after it was exposed.

droid

This is the reasoning behind his victory rallies, why he brought supporters to cheer him during the press conference. He needs to be surrounded by approval at all times.

droid

As well as removing all references to climate change and equality from whitehouse.org, he also advertised Melania's QVC Jewellery range on her profile page.