the rewilding of london

Woebot

first pigeons from the english cliffs, then the green parrots of the main parks, then peregrine falcons...

what unlikely animals next?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
zoo+tweets.JPG

luka

then there was the rash of terrapin dumping, teenage mutant ninja turtle mania years, that led to established breeding populations in the lakes and waterways of london

luka

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/thi...ng-forest/wildlife-and-nature/Pages/deer.aspx

Muntjac

The eleventh Duke of Bedford introduced the Muntjac, a small Asian deer, to his Woburn estate at the turn of the century. Escapees successfully bred and have now spread over much of the country. They have since become widespread throughout the Epping Forest district.
Appearance

The Muntjac is about the size of a Labrador dog, with a characteristic rounded back. They have a rich brown coat. The bucks have small pointed antlers and distinctive protruding canine teeth projecting from the upper jaw as short tusks.

craner

Beast of Burden
Back in 2013 I was staying at my mate Sean Shapiro’s and we took his kids to the park in Borehamwood (Europe’s fastest growing Jewish community, incidentally) and saw a Red Kite circling in the sky. So I’m not surprised if they are making it into London by now.

luka

i saw another seal in the thames yesterday. that's 2 in one year after never having seen on in the previous 38 years.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I saw them a few times in the docks around Canada Square when I worked around there, '09-'11.

luka

right i think maybe you told me that before in which case i almost certainly replied, as i am about to do now, that they reputedly all hang around Billingsgate.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
right i think maybe you told me that before in which case i almost certainly replied, as i am about to do now, that they reputedly all hang around Billingsgate.

^Eternal Return

Last edited:

luka

"Seal sports in the spray-whited circles of cliff-wash,
Sleek head, daughter of Lir,
eyes of Picasso
Under black fur-hood, lithe daughter of Ocean"

Pound. from Canto II.

luka

i saw another seal in the thames yesterday. that's 2 in one year after never having seen on in the previous 38 years.
A voice, sweettoned and sustained, called to him from the sea. Turning the curve he waved his hand. It called again. A sleek brown head, a seal’s, far out on the water, round.

Usurper.
"Seal sports in the spray-whited circles of cliff-wash,
Sleek head, daughter of Lir,
eyes of Picasso
Under black fur-hood, lithe daughter of Ocean"

Pound. from Canto II.
A voice, sweettoned and sustained, called to him from the sea. Turning the curve he waved his hand. It called again. A sleek brown head, a seal’s, far out on the water, round.

Usurper.