Amazing TV performances

droid

Brilliant, funny, stupid, sad. Any genre will do, but mine are mainly rock. One or two videos per post pls.

Not a big fan of this tune, or even this era of Young, but definitely the zenith of this particular variant of trailer park rock. He apparently had his personal trainer back stage putting him through his paces for an hour backstage beforehand to get him pumped up:

St Vitus' dance from Iggy on Dinah. Bowie looks on in awe:

Both of these are borderline laughable, which is probably one of the hallmark of greatness.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

St Vitus' dance from Iggy on Dinah. Bowie looks on in awe:

Both of these are borderline laughable, which is probably one of the hallmark of greatness.

funny, i watched that for the first time about an hour before you posted!

"potatoes were in my bed...so I made love to them" :D

Last edited:

droid

Yeah, big fan of all the Dinah stuff. The Bowie/Iggy interview afterwards is very endearing too.

Funk is basically the prog rock of Black music isnt it?

droid

Tiger at the peak of his powers on Channel 4's short lived 'club mix' show from '86

Smiley & Asher:

There's good Joseph Cotton and Smiley vids from the same show floating around as well.

droid

Buju on the execrable Jools Holland. Remember being very impressed by this at the time.

droid

Shy FX on Channel 4's Flava circa 1996. Have never been able to find that video - in fact, there was tons of good stuff on that show and none of it is on YT.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
2 x when-miming-becomes-too-much-effort:

G'DAY! G'DAY!
~Iggy, can you answer these questions properly?~
The performance is pretty good too.

Last edited:

luka

You're not without your own individual talents and abilities droid but maybe leave the zings to somebody else next time