The Martin Shkreli Thread

luka

Reminds me of that polyani book that got fashionable a few years ago. Necessity of state intervention in markets etc

Leo

https://harpers.org/archive/2017/09/public-enemy/

Jury selection process...

the court: Juror Number 144, tell us what you have heard.

juror no. 144: I heard through the news of how the defendant changed the price of a pill by up-selling it. I heard he bought an album from the Wu-Tang Clan for a million dollars.

the court: The question is, have you heard anything that would affect your ability to decide this case with an open mind. Can you do that?

juror no. 144: I don’t think I can because he kind of looks like a dick.

the court: You are Juror Number 144 and we will excuse you. Come forward, Juror Number 155.

juror no. 155: I have read a lot of articles about the case. I think he is as guilty as they come.

the court: Then I will excuse you from this case. Juror Number 10, please come forward.

juror no. 10: The only thing I’d be impartial about is what prison this guy goes to.

the court: Okay. We will excuse you. Juror 28, do you need to be heard?

EDIT: at first i thought this harpers' article was satire but i don't think it is. is it? certainly seems plausible.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
I went through the same thought process with the juror quotes - although it was in the Guardian where I read them. I'm thinking that they must be real or else why would so many other organs be reprinting them? OK if is satire then it's quite funny but not so hilarious that every single other paper in the world has to do the exact same joke word for word.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Surely now is the time for Bill Murray to step up for the heist or caper he was born to do!