Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Breitbart

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post

There's a reaction on the part of (mostly) white, straight, males to the steadily increasing rights accorded to women, gays (queers? don't know the correct term), ethnic minorities, etc. in the West, and to the 'political correctness' accompanying this shift.

It's against women in general, particularly feminists of the more radical variety who regularly receive violent threats. You should see some of the hate dished out against them on twitter from 'liberal feminists' and transgender activists - pure misogynist hatred at its worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny B View Post
    It's against women in general, particularly feminists of the more radical variety who regularly receive violent threats. You should see some of the hate dished out against them on twitter from 'liberal feminists' and transgender activists - pure misogynist hatred at its worst.
    In fairness it's not as if there are no radfems with crazy or repugnant views of their own - such as insisting that all trans-women are "attention-seekers" or "men pretending to be women" and should therefore be excluded from feminist discourse.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Thats just Germaine Greer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    In fairness it's not as if there are no radfems with crazy or repugnant views of their own - such as insisting that all trans-women are "attention-seekers" or "men pretending to be women" and should therefore be excluded from feminist discourse.

Tea you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Radfems do not hate trans people, they disagree with them over gender issues and receive torrents of violent misogynist threats as a result in place of actual coherent arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post

Greer disagrees that trans women are real women. She doesn't hate them.
    I don't always agree with everything she says but she isn't crazy.

Not buying into liberal, individualist identity politics does not mean you are crazy, repugnant or hate trans people

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    gays (queers? don't know the correct term)
    This is interesting in the context of Yiannopoulus - he's gay but most definitely not queer. A middle-upper class white man who's desperately telling the most difference-phobic privileged white heterosexual men he can find that he's just like them except for one aspect of his being. Desperately seeking approval from those who would hate him if he wasn't constantly reaffirming that their other prejudices are correct. Hateful.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Yeah but it's not though, is it.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/camille-paglia/

Camille Paglia: “Transgender Mania is a Symptom of Cultural Collapse” (video)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny B View Post
    Not buying into liberal, individualist identity politics does not mean you are crazy, repugnant or hate trans people
    i'd agree with that. funny to me that mtf anf ftm transitions so often seem to be treated as if they can be talked about together, without any consideration of the differences between them. Whereas power realities dictate that they're not the same thing at all.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 20-07-2016 at 12:13 PM.

I agree with her entirely, well except for the bit where she talks about the danger of inflaming the opponents of Western culture and the spengler decline and fall stuff anyway. Lots of stable traditional cultures have a third sex, men dressed as women. It's very common.
    Last edited by luka; 20-07-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Paglia has descended into much the same reactionary cesspit as Zizek.

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    i'd agree with that. funny to me that mtf anf ftm transitions so often seem to be treated as if they can be talked about together, without any consideration of the differences between them. Whereas power realities dictate that they're not the same thing at all.
    Also, how many trans-men actually are there? I know they exist, of course, but they seem to be greatly outnumbered by trans-women.

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    Paglia has descended into much the same reactionary cesspit as Zizek.
    I thought you liked reactionary cesspits? I need one of those idiots guides to the thought of vimothy

Only joking - I love reactionary cesspits!