UK EU Referendum Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubberdingyrapids

well no one thought the referendum would happen, nor that we would get the result we have done, so im not really tempted to buy into any false hopes of brexit not actually coming to pass. these days, unimaginable shit does happen, and its usually in favour of right wingers. so we may as well just get used to it.

vimothy

yurp
Lol at thinking a)I'm going to watch that b)thinking it proves your case

It's just an anecdote. I think it's pretty obvious what's precipitating the rise of the far right across Europe, and that it's pretty obviously been a factor here too. You don't want to hear it from me but hopefully you'll hear it from someone else, because unless people start paying attention to what's right in front of them it's going to keep bashing them over the head.

vimothy

yurp
John Harris had a very good article in the Guardian yesterday: http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-money-class-inequality-westminster?CMP=fb_gu

If you’ve got money, you vote in,” she said, with a bracing certainty. “If you haven’t got money, you vote out.” We were in Collyhurst, the hard-pressed neighbourhood on the northern edge of Manchester city centre last Wednesday, and I had yet to find a remain voter.

(...)

Only an hour earlier, I had been in Manchester at a graduate recruitment fair, where nine out of 10 of our interviewees were supporting remain, and some voices spoke about leave voters with a cold superiority. “In the end, this is the 21st century,” said one twentysomething. “Get with it.”

Woebot

right - i'm going to give this thread a day or so and then i reckon we should lock it.

time for a new thread if that's alright with everyone.

ok - so no howls of outrage - so if it's alright i'm going to shut this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.