Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Principe Discos/batida/tarraxinha

Did anyone check the P. Adrix album on Principe Discos? Best thing I heard in a long time

4. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

Leo

there's something really great about 10 year old youtube video's with compressed audio, same goes with those old footwork tracks

need to go to a principe night asap again

Did anyone check the P. Adrix album on Principe Discos? Best thing I heard in a long time
    I have this record. Pretty good but I'd forgotten it until flicking through today coincidentally enough. I thought I'd hear loads of this stuff in Lisbon but seems I've missed the boat or else it's too underground for me or something.

I'm listening to it now... it's really skew-whiff dub to my ears

i had DJ marfox and niggafox on my radar, couldn't really get it, but i'm enjoying this latest https://boomkat.com/products/carrega...ras-das-costas and glad i found this thread.
    i got persuaded to listen by the artwork and have spent a few hours today going through a bit of a wormhole about the guy who does the artwork - it's pretty interesting stuff.

love the artwork (and most of the music).

Yeah the art is better than the music.
    Good interview with the artist here

http://swinedaily.com/principe-recor...5_6JACs7IjX7F4

man i was really excited about this stuff around 2014-15, heard Marfox play a set that was like a diaspora version of juke almost avant-gabba in intensity, all clattering triplet bongos over a 150+ bpm four-to-the-floor kick, sadly nothing i have heard really comes to that level though. a lot of it reminds me of a weirded out version of UK funky (it obviously has little if any relation at all) but yeah i might have to pitch up the stuff i have got to fit it in with the electro, jungle, pitched up acid house and ghetto.
    Last edited by thirdform; 05-05-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey
    You might as well be ashamed of an erection

I think part of the reason I like it is cuz I'm portuguese, national pride! love the rawness of the sound.

and I know it sounds dumb but like I said above, I'm a sucker for the artwork. most cool labels have cool branding.

I went through the band camp yesterday while painting and drawing and listened to a whole load. It's all really good, glad I found it. It's like when I found ratkiller a few weeks ago and binged on that for a bit. There's a good 4 hour rinse show.

Quote Originally Posted by catalog View Post
    I went through the band camp yesterday while painting and drawing and listened to a whole load. It's all really good, glad I found it. It's like when I found ratkiller a few weeks ago and binged on that for a bit. There's a good 4 hour rinse show.
    what do you paint/draw?

A load of random cloud shapes and a series of cranes overlapped with people. I'll post some pictures when I can work out how to do it on mobile