Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what is Fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Daze View Post
    i.e we had fun that time we drank whisky in my flat and you drew a cock on my meditation diary lol
    i actually felt guilty about and also your little brother set me up. I wanted to do a drawing and thats the paper he gave me then he gloated about it after i drew the cock. it was fun though.

hahaha lets do it again

then he passed out on your kitchen floor and i walked home. its about a 7 mile walk. it was during that masssive storm where loads of people died. that wasnt fun it was perverse.

we definitely need to do it again as soon as possible.

The less fun I have the happier I am.

"the rush is said to be no less powerful than cocaine, and highly addictive"
    Erotic asphyxiation or breath control play is the intentional restriction of oxygen to the brain for the purposes of sexual arousal. This sexual practice is variously called asphyxiophilia, autoerotic asphyxia, hypoxyphilia. The term autoerotic asphyxiation is used when the act is done by a person to themselves. Colloquially, a person engaging in the activity is sometimes called a gasper.[1]

Taking the piss out of people is fun
    yeah that's some of the best fun.

so maybe its not possible to have adult fun. maybe fun is predicated on a naughty schoolboy mindsett

Default Fun is the absence of responsibility

[from my book of aphorisms to be published in 1647 under a nom de plume]

It doesn't matter what the activity, meditation, drinking, etc. What matters is that you're not worrying about anything.

One of my dad's hobbies is doing maths, so instead of kicking a ball around he'd be working out nth-order trinomials, or whatever. So that is his idea of fun.

I remember watchng Haneke films with my mate, which I considered some of the most brutal, horrible shit I'd ever seen. I told him that nothing is good in this film. He said well look, that lock (on a door that had just closed in the film) is good. So maybe he was closer to Woebot's way of thinking than me.

Fun is easier if there's something in your head or your life (or both) you want to escape. it becomes more difficult to have fun when you're generally content in life.

satisfaction is all well and good, but i think maybe i prefer(red?) fun

TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATION OF THE WOMEN
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I'm going to go out drinking now. We've reached our comedy answer quota now. Meaningful and considered engagement only now ta.

Have fun

getting drunk and forgetting your worries is the easiest route to fun.
    its the responsibility/reality (whether mental or material)-forgetting tool that allows for whatever follows. maybe fun is just being able to act against your self (and the external factors that prevent you from being able to summon that self without drink).

there are obviously other ways to have fun though. without drinking. but i think most of those things (whether playing a game or maybe just watching comedies or whatever) are also to do with helping you to forget yourself. to bypass cognition maybe?
    (though i think you can have fun playing a competitive game, though maybe thats more about 'satisfaction' than actual fun, unless youre just 'playing' and not competing, in which case its a laugh, and therefore fun)
    Last edited by rubberdingyrapids; 07-04-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Competition is never fun. I don't like losing but I also hate winning.

Have fun
    I've found this to be an obnoxiously overused phrase. People say it when you're going to the corner shop for milk, or to the toilet.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you