road rap meets afrobeat/funky thread ting

luka

Not saying London is not a focal point. Just that it's more interesting to situate the sound in the wider diaspora imo

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think ppl like me (white middle class cloistered types) always cotton on to these genres late because, as you say, we're fundamentally parochial. Whereas the African communities wtihin LDN, say, are plugged directly into it through relatives and cultural links. So when it pops up here my type of person thinks 'WOW! LOOK WHAT LONDON'S DONE NOW!'

luka

That Dutch crew I heard in Dam that yyaldrin identified have easily the highest level video girls though. London way behind on that score. Sorry London

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That Dutch crew I heard in Dam that yyaldrin identified have easily the highest level video girls though. London way behind on that score. Sorry London

NSFW but I'll check later

My Dutch experience is almost entirely limited to getting blitzed in Amsterdam but I've always thought of Dutch people as the enlightened beautiful elves to the UKs squalid orc armies.

kwaku

Lol I was enjoying quite how crap some of the house parties were in the videos from that Fader article. Something kinda charming about their complete lack of gloss / sunshine / hired video girls.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Was watching some roadrap videos recently and some of them are so obviously filmed in someone's mum's garden. All with lines about flexing in Bugattis and all that. Is quite endearing.

A second-hand, tatty, bodge-job aesthetic is what all British attempts at replicating American glamour defaults to.

luka

TeenPhysiques HQ2 months ago
Abra Cadabra skipped like 5 levels fam wtf
JE MBLC
JE MBLC2 months ago
Might believe in magic now
Major Samuel
Major Samuel2 months ago
Trust me g
cling king
cling king2 months ago
The juju worked for him fully
Treasure zVios
Treasure zVios2 months ago
how do you know he uses juju?
brad thomas
brad thomas1 month ago
Alakazam rn init

luka

just so happy east london has come back to save us from all that dirgey south london stuff. years of joyless south london music.

Abra is from Tottenham I think

Best radio shows playing this stuff? Can't be arsed doing the research

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Not sure about that but the bloke who wrote that FADER article is guesting on my chum Brackles's Radar show on Tuesday.

edit: it might be the bloke who wrote that FACT article that my chum's having on his show... fuck knows

Last edited:

luka

crept and conan are the pits. ban them. seems afro trap is the name thats going to stick for this stuff.