YG - My Krazy Life
    Tyler, The Creator - Wolf
    Young Thug - I Came From Nothing 2
    Gucci Mane - The Movie Pt. 3: The Brrrprint
    Waka Flocka Flame - Flockavelli
    Danny Brown - XXX
    YFN Lucci - Wish Me Well

Forgot about 'Sunday School'!

Would have included Burrprint 3D but I believe it was released 2009? As were all Gucci's classic tapes (same goes for Max B).

Will seek out some of those others.

LD, Monkey and Dimzy's "6.7" is the best of the Brixton Drill stuff I think so far :

Young Thug : Barter 6

Earl Sweatshirt : I don't like shit, I don't go outside

The first two songs off of Lese Majesty by Shabazz Palaces are fantastic, super super super mushroom trippy, especially the way they segue into each other. Rest is meh but worth it for those two.

CasIsDead's "Commercial 2" mixtape is wonderful, Cas rapping over dreamy dated electro house.

Chief Keef's Bang 3 wasn't released in this form but someone compiled an imaginary version of it here, which I really like.

I loved Lil Reese's Supa Savage 2, it's just super solid, and is probably my most played thing on this list bar the Thug.

That Father album that Barty mentioned is really, really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    That Father album that Barty mentioned is really, really good too.
    Have you heard I'm A Piece of Shit? What did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Forgot about 'Sunday School'!

Would have included Burrprint 3D but I believe it was released 2009? As were all Gucci's classic tapes (same goes for Max B).

Will seek out some of those others.
    I'll bleed it over as I feel like that's the peak of Gucci and it needs to be counted over his more questionable 10s material.

Speaking of which, this is a really good oral history of Gucci's rise/fall/rise from The Fader: http://www.thefader.com/2015/10/01/g...y-hard-to-kill

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    Have you heard I'm A Piece of Shit? What did you think?
    Yeah, only tracks I really like are Big Emblem Benz and Hurt Like This, don't like the music on the rest of it enough to give it time, unfortunately.

Just checked out that Viper you posted, it's wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    Just checked out that Viper you posted, it's wonderful.
    You might also like Hiram Clarke Hustler and You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack.

who has time to listen to all these, never mind the patience for an actual whole wiz khalifa album? whenever i see these 'NINE ALBUMS OUT TODAY THAT YOU NEED TO HEAR' sort of things on p4k, im like, who has the time?! id stick with singles if i were mr bot.

I have had to listen to a whole Wiz Kalifah tape in order to review it, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

You do get some great mixtapes/albums but I definitely think that these days singles are a more 'relevant' index of rap music than albums are. Mind you, it's hard enough picking 10 mixtapes/albums, let alone 10 singles!

Quote Originally Posted by rubberdingyrapids View Post
    who has time to listen to all these, never mind the patience for an actual whole wiz khalifa album? whenever i see these 'NINE ALBUMS OUT TODAY THAT YOU NEED TO HEAR' sort of things on p4k, im like, who has the time?! id stick with singles if i were mr bot.
    point taken. enjoying this though. have picked up cds by danny brown, future, asap money, vince staples, rich gang, kendrick lamarr, yg, rick ross and earl sweatshirt.

a few years back i compiled these from that nozinsky blokes singles lists and was really underwhelmed by the whole singles thing - maybe he just has weak taste?

https://open.spotify.com/user/woebot...cr5iBdsP8phS1N
    https://open.spotify.com/user/woebot...GnvMRn2Wn1UsdJ
    https://open.spotify.com/user/woebot...Cz6BkrfUSRlP9S

noz' has good taste, or seems to, but yeah i find his lists a bit underwhelming too. i think he picks a lot of album tracks rather than singles on those end of year round ups he does?

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    You might also like Hiram Clarke Hustler and You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack.
    Great, thanks for the tips man, his catalogue was so immense that I didn't bother and what I came across I wasn't into, but I really like the Yo Side Thang one. Will look those others out, thanks.

Apropos of nothing, this beat, on a loop, forever :

Noz's lists usually aren't based around singles all the time, just what he's looking for specifically in rap from certain people. So For example, I know one year he had "Gucci Gucci" by Kreayshawn on it the same year he had DJ Quik "Ghetto Rendezvous" and E-40 "My Little Grimey N***A" which aren't great singles by any means, but kind of good showcases for the rapper at what he considers their best (in Quik's case, incredibly petty battle raps aimed at members of his family or former friends and in E-40's case, weird ultraspecific detailed 'panoramic' storytelling, though without a clear beginning/end structure like say a "Children's Story".)

I've done lists kind of like that too, and its weird to rate one thing over another, but like when I think about it I'm rating "is this beat interesting, is there something going on lyrically, is there a unique quality to the song I don't find very common" So like, Rich Homie Quan making a song about dealing with his father being shot is def. that characteristic, but Famous Dex rapping about being the man isn't. Doesn't mean that the former's the better single either!

Edit: also if I'm out here alluding to lists, I should link them.

http://lyingaboutazaleas.tumblr.com/...-the-year-2015
    http://lyingaboutazaleas.tumblr.com/...-the-year-2014
    Last edited by CrowleyHead; 31-05-2016 at 04:19 PM.