Esoteric philosophical argument jumps into the outer mainstream

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Then can he explain why this never happens?

leveling_up.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There is absolutely no way Musk literally 'believes' this hogwash. Anyone who actually thought this would surely be gripped by the kind of existential despair that would make Camus and Sartre look like happy-clappy Sunday school leaders by comparison. I strongly doubt he'd manage to muster any motivation to do anything at all, and it's not like he's exactly an underachiever.

droid

The simulation hypothesis is actually pretty convincing I think, but a fundamental principle is that any suitably advanced simulation would be indistinguishable from reality, therefore, whether or not we live in a simulation is essentially irrelevant.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think most people would consider there to be philosophical and psychological implications that go beyond any concept of what is and isn't empirically testable. Although I guess if you have a very pragmatic and phenomenological view of the world already (as maybe befits a highly successful inventor and entrepreneur?) you perhaps care about this less than most people. Certainly the spiritual implications are rendered irrelevant if you're an atheist-materialist in the first place.

Really, I think, it's hard for these sorts of discussions not to end up sounding like a conversation between some philosophy freshmen who've just watched The Matrix while sharing a spliff. Not that I have anything against either spliffs or The Matrix, but - y'know.