Synths All over the Shop

IdleRich

IdleRich
As everyone probably knows, these last few years have seen a resurgence in these kinda 'soundtrack without a film" type things. Of course, ripping off John Carpenter never goes out of fashion but there is more of this stuff around than usual at the moment - neo-synth and synth-wave are terms I've seen but I don't really care what you call it. Problem is, for my money a lot of it isn't as good as you would hope. Or maybe I keep missing the good stuff, whatever, this is a mix I put together of the stuff I do rate; a mixture of soundtracks, dancefloor twelves, libraries and, yes, some synthwave. I'm far from an expert but these are the bits I've got, I hope you like them.

Last edited:

droid

Thanks Rich - tracklist?

Here's a playlist I made of 80's synth stuff from post punk weirdness to synth pop and everything in between.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I haven't written out a tracklist... no secrets or anything, I just haven't written one out. I can do if people are interested (you're the second person to ask so I guess they are). In the meantime, is there a track you want ID-ing now?
I will check your mix when I get in, cheers, Rich

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've had a stab from memory - I'll sort it out when I get in.

Intro - just me pissing around on a siren thing
1. Track from Drokk lp (alternative soundtrack to the Dredd film)
2. some library thing - will check when I get in
3. Dynotron
4. Kika and Silversurfer - Sleeza
5. Gatekeeper - Chains
6. Track from New Barbarians OST
7. Kavinsky - Testarossa
8. Memory Boy - End Title (Blade Runner)
9. Track from Stone OST
10. Track from Tim Thaler OST
11. Perturbator - Satanic Rite
12. Scorpion Violente - Rome Violente
13. Track from Dredd OST
14. Carpenter Brut - Roller Mobster
15. Alessandro Parisi - Calamitas Calamitatum
16. The Splash Band - Das Philadelphia Experiment
17. Track from Roller Ball OST

Last edited:

droid

Cheers.

Not a mix - just a selection of YT vids. I was amazed at how much 70's/80's synth stuff I never knew about.

droid

Dunno - I started discoging all of this stuff and quickly stopped after seeing the average prices.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Too much stuff! I see Nancy Nova on thee - did you know that she is the daughter of the guy fom Blockbusters!

droid

Had a fun game with some mates challenging them to guess which were old and which were contemporary pastiches. They caught on pretty quick, but it is genuinely hard to tell.