Poll Ideas - Naughties Nuum

luka

its my only refernce point. i cant rely on memory. unfortunately a lot of it has vanished as videos get deleted

droid

You could easily have a top 50 or top 100. Need to get some more junglists involved though.

luka

i dont think thats realistic. if i end up at 90 or 100 padraig and droid will end up with 300

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
And I'll end up with 5.

Would we run this like the last one - a nomination thread followed by lists then by the masterlist?

Benny Bunter

i like jungle and will happily participate in this poll as long as i don't have to organise it, so big ups barty for stepping up.

I will chip in with a few things i realised from doing the 00s nuum poll though iydm

- with so few ballots and such a huge field, you'd be best keeping it as small and simple as possible, or you'll just end up with tons of tunes getting 1 or 2 votes, loads of ties, and you won't be able to compile a meaningful list of results.

- I think it would be better to make people rank their lists and assign points accordingly to each tune.

- let each person nominate a limited number of tunes - say up to 100 - then, make a ranked ballot. A top 30-50 maybe? Making a top 100 will be too much for some people and not enough for others.

- maybe you could have something like this: out of a ballot of 50, the tunes in peoples top 10 get 5 points, the tunes in peoples top 11-20 get 4 points, etc...Then you just add up the points

good luck barty!

sadmanbarty

I'm thinking I will launch the poll properly on the Monday after the referendum.

Any rules, suggestions (93-95 is pretty much a de facto rule).

How long will people need to compile and send their lists. A week? Two weeks?

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

i like jungle and will happily participate in this poll as long as i don't have to organise it, so big ups barty for stepping up.

I will chip in with a few things i realised from doing the 00s nuum poll though iydm

- with so few ballots and such a huge field, you'd be best keeping it as small and simple as possible, or you'll just end up with tons of tunes getting 1 or 2 votes, loads of ties, and you won't be able to compile a meaningful list of results.

- I think it would be better to make people rank their lists and assign points accordingly to each tune.

- let each person nominate a limited number of tunes - say up to 100 - then, make a ranked ballot. A top 30-50 maybe? Making a top 100 will be too much for some people and not enough for others.

- maybe you could have something like this: out of a ballot of 50, the tunes in peoples top 10 get 5 points, the tunes in peoples top 11-20 get 4 points, etc...Then you just add up the points

good luck barty!

Cheers for the advice.

droid

I'm thinking I will launch the poll properly on the Monday after the referendum.

Any rules, suggestions (93-95 is pretty much a de facto rule).

How long will people need to compile and send their lists. A week? Two weeks?

Been working on it for about 20 years, so another decade should do.