CORNWALL LIZARD POINT LANDS END

luka

I am gunna be stuck in these areas for a bit is there anything to do? Anyone know these places?

I am gunna be stuck in these areas for a bit is there anything to do? Anyone know these places?

This one's easy. Walk the coastal path. Lands End to Porthcurno where the transatlantic cable comes ashore is a good one. Kynance Cove by the Lizard. St Michael's Mount. Go down a tin mine. Drink of the ale.

luka

This one's easy. Walk the coastal path. Lands End to Porthcurno where the transatlantic cable comes ashore is a good one. Kynance Cove by the Lizard. St Michael's Mount. Go down a tin mine. Drink of the ale.

Ta

luka

I wasn't there long. My dad grew up there. I liked Ventnor cos it was nice in the sea and I drank nice German beer in a bar and had a delicious meal. I found freshwater so depressing I almost topped myself.

catalog

zoom lecture tonight https://www.thelasttuesdaysociety.org/event/tammy-blees-cabalistic-agency-jason-semmen-zoom/

"Although much has been written about the historic folk-magic practitioners known as cunning-folk in recent years, in-depth accounts of individual conjurors are few owing to a paucity of documentary materials. Some cunning-folk, however, are better attested in the historical record, allowing for a more detailed reconstruction of their practices and the social contexts of the complaints their clients brought before them. More archival material for Thomasine Blight (1793-1856), the Cornish cunning-woman, otherwise known as “Tammy Blee,” survives than for any other folk-magic practitioner in nineteenth-century Cornwall. Treating her as an exemplar of the cunning-person’s trade, this talk sets out to explore Blight’s milieu as a provincial conjuror in early Victorian Britain.

Speaker: Jason Semmens, M.A., is the Director of the Museum of Military Medicine and an independent scholar with particular research interests around the history of vernacular beliefs in the preternatural in the South West of England from the sixteenth to twentieth centuries."