The Dissensus Jungle Poll Is Now Open

Benny Bunter

On Dred bass

Clone Protocol10 months ago
The first dub-plate of this track was stolen by Ray Keith from Music House when the engineer was puking up outside; apparently brought on by the reverse sine wave B-line. This is where the expression 'sick' comes from.
To this day Ray Keith has never played that plate and keeps it in a frame in his spare room.

On Original nutter

Clone Protocol10 months ago (edited)
Shy got the idea for this track in 1993 on a beach in Ibiza. He was looking for crabs in a rock pool wearing a leopard onesy suit and some Spanish guy said Oi you nutter! UK Apache was in the bar but heard about later on the way to a meeting with some rappers from Canada who were interested in setting up a club in Croydon.
On Peshay - piano tune

Clone Protocol5 months ago
Quick FACT: The piano used for this track was once in a Laurel and Hardy film called The Music Box. Peshay lovingly restored and tuned the instrument as it was quite battered having been dropped down some stairs during the filming.
If it wasnt for MC Dropwan talking him out of the idea the track was going to be called Laurel & Hardcore. Shame really.

On super sharp shooter

Not many people know that this track was written whilst Zinc was locked in his spare room by Hype who was trying to catch a rat. The rat had got into his house and kept chewing through the wires in the home studio set-up. As he was shit scared of the rat Hype offered to catch it so Zinc got his Atari and sampler out and sat in the box room. Shit got real when Hype lifted the carpet up and about 10 rats ran out and one got under Zinc's door. Everyone was shouting and Pascal got bitten. Zinc froze with fear with his finger on the copy sample button... this created the bassline for this track that we have all enjoyed from time to time.

On helicopter tune

It is not well known but the helicopter sample at the beginning was actually Grooverider making that sound with his lips. He said sample that and call it the Helicopter Tune. The producers won a £100 bet off Fabio after it was finished and signed to Moving Shadow.

On ready or not remix

Actually the description is WRONG. The track was made by the studio engineer for Whitesnake in 1995 when they were recording demos for The Fugees. Lauren Hill hated heavy metal and didnt want him in the session so he took the vocal and made a jump-up remix to troll her. He played it at a couple of Whitesnake gigs but the crowd werent reacting so he gave it to his ex wife Vera Jadlough who took it next-door to DJ Zinc who was having an argument with Aphrodite about whether DJ Hype had written it or MC Krunck BackUP who had access to the Fugees acapellas at the time. They all decided never to talk about it. Hence the confusion...
on ltj bukem atlantis

Quick Fact: This track represents an interesting period in Danny's life. He'd just made the commercially successful track 'Girl Got Ass' and had some loose change sloshing around so decided to chase his childhood dream of finding an underwater city where mermaids swam around topless. He spent 6 weeks away from the rave scene snorkelling in Brighton swimming further and deeper in his quest. He didnt find much apart from an old Vespa and a Ford Cortina with the doors rusted shut. In the evenings LTJ would read books about lost civilisations and chop up samples from old Detroit anthems. Atlantis was the result.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
:D

''Quick FACT: The piano used for this track was once in a Laurel and Hardy film called The Music Box. Peshay lovingly restored and tuned the instrument as it was quite battered having been dropped down some stairs during the filming. '' LOL

The Youtube comments section is usually a complete cesspool but under jungle videos it's a different story.

steven johnson
steven johnson1 year ago
lord bless the time stretching of breakbeats! In the beginning there was darkness....which was probably a blessing because we all looked so off our heads
Reply3

streetbass 7861 year ago
i have this tune on vinyl, my neighbours loved it so much that they even invited the feds round
Reply5

Brett Todd1 month ago
I spent my bus fare home on this record years ago! It was worth the walk.

droid

Not overawed by Dillys pre 94 offerings - but everything he did on deadly, lionheart & Logic is pure gold - and a lot of other stuff is overlooked in favour of his all-out amens.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah he obviously matured into genius mode post 93 but that forever fierce tune is intense as fuck. Sort of reminds me of the baslline from Silver Blade.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Here's one from 1996 that will be ineligible but which is a darkside rinser, with none of the subtlety of the original but twice the potential for inducing an epileptic fit in the pillhead.

sadmanbarty

The long list is getting longer. Here's some more additions:

Orca- [FT-006 side A]

T Power- Lipsing Jam Ring
Chasin A Dream (Blue Narcissus Mix)

Elementz of Noize- Hit The Deck

Elizibeth Troy- Let Me Be (Ed-U-Cate Mix)

Adam F- Prophet of God

Slipmatt- Breaking Free

Foul Play- Open Your Mind (Foul Play Remix)

DJ Flash- Pulp Fiction (Easy Does It)

Rogue Unit & The Dream Team- Good To U (Rogue Unit Mix)

Ascend & Ultravibe- Thiefs of Time

T.I.C- Far Gone
Night Vision Remix

The JB- The Realm

Ascend- This Time

Amazon II- Control Yourself
Beat Booyaa! (Remix)

Distortion- Go On Bad

UK Apachi & Shy FX- Origina Nuttah

G Flex & The Bandit- Party AK47

Shy FX & Gunsmoke- Gangsta Kid II

Booyaka Crew- Unguided Youth

Loggi- Loggi’s Life

B.L.I.M- The Road Is Foggy

Trip- The Crack [otherwise known as Trip III- The Crack (The Final Trip)]

The Junglites- Who De Bombo Clart

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Can someone ID this tune for me because it is absolutely dark and dangerous.

EDIT: Actually do yourself a favour and listen to this set, its incredible.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Link should be time coded. If not I think it's 7 minutes in.

DJ SS playlist:

Last edited:

Woebot

original great, remix greater

don't think i've ever heard the original! there's many tracks where the original isn't as good though aren't there? best example must be the original of "the dark stranger" which is decidedly inferior.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Dead Dred RMX is better IMO but I think that's probably controversial

Also Renegade Snares original is better IMO which surprises me cos I always thought I preferred the Foul Play version.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
original great, remix greater

I think I prefer the original actually!

One of the great jungle 'tricks' has to be the withholding of the Amen, followed by the release (Kraken-like) of the Amen with accompanying female scream of orgasmic ecstasy. Sort of replicates what the crowd would probably do with their mouths as those cymbals kick in: 'YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAA AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!'

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Is anyone going to abstain because they aren't comfortable endorsing the legitimacy of the hardcore continuum?

sadmanbarty

Oops, in my long list I wrote PFM- One and Only. I actually meant this, Furture Bound- Sorrow (its from 96 anyway, so can't use it):

Last edited: