Brothers Grimm - Sign of the Times
Chaos and Julia Set - Atmosphere
D-Force - Original Bad Boy
DJ Red Alert and Mike Slammer - Ganja Man
DJ Seduction - Sub Dub
Jim Polo and Neil Vass - Rolling Energy
Nookie - Shining In Da Darkness

luka

its hard to say corpsey its more if you know you know but a general guideline would be 93=jungle 91-92=hardcore

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Of course, going to have to exclude what I'm assuming could be argued was the first jungle , or at least proto-jungle, tune:

luka

we are ie is important but i dont think its as revolutionary or unique as some people would have you believe

droid

List for February 1993:

4 Hero - Journey From The Light-Remix
Brothers Grimm - Sign of the Times
Chaos and Julia Set - Atmosphere
D-Force - Original Bad Boy
DJ Red Alert and Mike Slammer - Ganja Man
DJ Seduction - Sub Dub
Jim Polo and Neil Vass - Rolling Energy
Nookie - Shining In Da Darkness

Are you getting your months from discogs? Do you really think its reliable? Also, even if it is, it's so patchy that tons of stuff will be left out.

Id be very careful there.

firefinga

Are you getting your months from discogs? Do you really think its reliable? Also, even if it is, it's so patchy that tons of stuff will be left out.

Id be very careful there.

No not discogs, from old magazines and the review lists and dj playlists/setlists from various archives , I made lists for my own accordingly. So I know they are not exactly correct but I think roughly accurate.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Anyway I wanted to shout it out cos I actually DO think it's one of the best tunes, though not the most complex or deep or whatever.

luka

the nuttiness probably derives from aceeeeid :) and is still there in all the best jungle

luka

whcih is on production house, quintesstial hardcore label, but verging on tasteful. in fact did i do a thread on 'soulful' hardcore once?

luka

like, it would never occur to me to classify acen as jungle. to me thats almost the defineition of hardcore. hardcore is a transistion period so it will always have proto jungle elements but theres a dividing line, blurred as it is

droid

Diary of a roughneck/TTTM 2 is proto jungle. Acen had the structure and attitude of hardcore with the sonics of jungle.

Just gonna post whilst its on topic, because its brill.

luka

also posted when the lion awakes to my facebook about the same time as you posted it here (about the same time=i prbably done it a bit earlier ;) )