Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Goddamn. 2016 has taken Bowie, Phife, Lemmy and Prince: is it going to take Dissensus too?

CHIEF KEEF - OBAMA

This has nothing to do with Dissensus's impending demise, but is a choon I enjoyed listening to the other day. And it might lure Luka out.

Seriously guys, what is to be done?! :eek:

sadmanbarty

Goddamn. 2016 has taken Bowie, Phife, Lemmy and Prince: is it going to take Dissensus too?

It's endemic of a more general problem that there hasn't been any truly innovative music in the past 2 or 3 years. I'm hoping the Garage poll will generate some excitement.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Run DMC - Slow and Low (Unreleased Demo, 1985)

Covered in 1986 by the Beastie Boys. Just an 808 drum kit with plenty of

more-cowbell.gif

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Kelela - All The Way Down (2015)

I think Kelela is the best thing to come out of Night Slugs/Fade to Mind. This EP had at least three sure shots on it, this being one of them. A great Cassie song, and sung better than Cassie could manage herself.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

KATE BUSH - BLOW AWAY (1980)

"Blow Away (for Bill)" commemorates her lighting director Bill Duffield, killed in an accident at Poole Arts Centre during her 1979 tour.[10] The song links his name to those of several music stars who died in the previous decade - Minnie Riperton, Keith Moon, Sandy Denny, Sid Vicious, Marc Bolan - and one earlier icon - Buddy Holly.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Cos I've not listened to Max B in a while. They (NYC rappers) don't make 'em like this anymore.

Max B - Don't Take It Personal

6 foot chain blue coupe and the frosting,
6 foot dame blue suits and kawfee

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Reekado Banks - Oluwa Ni 2016

This is my shit right now.To accompany it, I've drawn up a themed list.

CORPSEY'S REEKADO BANKS MEMORIAL LIST : TOP 8 BANKS

giphy.gif

1. Carlton Banks
unclephil.jpg

2. Philip Banks
3. Hillary Banks
4. Ashleigh Banks
5. Reekado Banks
6. Vivian Banks
7. Lloyd Banks
8. The Banks (the bastards)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
There was that period in rap, prior to Run DMC (I'm guessing) where disco and rap intersected:

WHODINI - FREAKS COME OUT AT NIGHT

How could you describe that flow? The one that the Sugarhill Gang did too. I guess it's impossible to describe. It's that cheesy inflection, almost like a radio announcer or sports commentator...

Status
Not open for further replies.