Page 121 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2189

Thread: Choon of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    was at principe discos at berghain last friday and i don't really care about any other music anymore

Musical taste is weird, isn't it? I mean, I genuinely like bits of your own music that you've posted in the Dissensus Raw thread, but this ^ is just, like... I actually can't imagine anything worse. Genuinely.

And yet, for all that, I can hear some attenuated commonality between this tune and some of your own music. Weird.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Musical taste is weird, isn't it? I mean, I genuinely like bits of your own music that you've posted in the Dissensus Raw thread, but this ^ is just, like... I actually can't imagine anything worse. Genuinely.

And yet, for all that, I can hear some attenuated commonality between this tune and some of your own music. Weird.
    is it the preset synth that makes it so bad for you? agree with you on how music can be weird like that yea. for me this tune is just pure cheerfulness, it's the start of summer, good things lay ahead. such as in a similar way, this would be the end of summer, good things have happened:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

first tune of this mix!

Proper despair pop.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to m99188868 For This Useful Post:

ca. 1973 Italian wot do u call it free psych-funk proto-cosmic disco featuring one of the craziest open drum breaks you'll ever hear (@1:12)

this one I bet some people here know cos it's was such a late 80s Balearic classic but I just heard this it the other day and what the fuuuuuuuuck tho

1 more cos it's been awhile

normally I'm v much on the stripped down proto-house side of Italo v. the naff heavily accented cheesy vocal side, but this...I mean have two ears + a heart

I mean, who doesn't dream in their heart of a disco for a night under the moon? with turntables mix and one headphone and many record.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to padraig (u.s.) For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m99188868 View Post
    ya that's v interesting. I like the aesthetic he's going for more than the actual execution but still p cool.

also is tumblr is very excellent. seems like a cool project. a driving force of the gabber critical reappraisal it seems.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to padraig (u.s.) For This Useful Post:

from discogs:

powch July 16, 2017
    It doesn’t make much sense to describe the music — just click on the link below and listen. But there is a short, raw story, from Vitali Bardetski who produced the album in 1995: «I don’t remember much when recalling what happened over 20 years ago. I met Ihor thru my older brother who was studiyng architecture at the polytechnical institute of Lviv. I believe Ihor was studying construction or maybe architecture too. I was much younger than Ihor and already managed a few pop artists. I used to spend most of the time in Berlin. Once my bro played me a demo tape by Ihor, and i got really excited and asked brother to introduce me to him. I proposed to go to a studio. At that time there were probably only 2 studios in Lviv. We recorded everything in a single day, all 100% live, no edits, nothing. Just some crazy delay — Ihor liked it sounding a bit «dubby“. The whole session was a pure magic. I just told our engineer «touch nothing now and relax». «Come Angel» — we recorded it twice as there was a malfunction of a tape recorder. I believe I paid something like 100 US$ for everything. That was actually a lot — my rent for a 1 room apartment in the very center was around 25 bucks a month. First we released it ourselves on cassettes with b&w sleeves copied on xerox. I met a crazy guy in Berlin (Gogo was his nickname). He was already working with some ex East Block artists and offered a mini tour in Berlin and the area around it. We came to Berlin and played a few gigs, really strange venues, mainly bars in squats, but it was lots of fun. I remember a couple of young ladies literally loosing conscience along with Ihor’s high frequencies. Financially that was of course a flop. We had been cleaning windows a few days to buy return tickets…»

source & pictures: https://svyazalamuzyka.wordpress.com...26/cymbrowskyj

15. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by padraig (u.s.) View Post
    I like the aesthetic he's going for more than the actual execution but still p cool.
    Agreed. On a similar tip, probably the funniest and scariest thing I saw recently:

MASTER P - MY GHETTO HEROES

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

THE KING

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m99188868 View Post
    Agreed. On a similar tip, probably the funniest and scariest thing I saw recently:
    Hahaha, this is like some lost Alan Partridge episode where briefly becomes a DJ for some reason.

A youtube voyage from something posted in the modern-hard-psychedelic-dance thread brought me to this:

which is pretty great.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you