Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

less dorky new romantic than most of their stuff, got a fair amount of spins at NY clubs back in the 80s.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
does anyone have any idea what language this is? thai? i need to find the original recording of this song or at least a longer version of this because it's so beautiful

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape

I've started playing music and going to shows regularly again after a decade-plus mostly hiatus, and find myself constantly proselytizing disco to early 20s noise punk types. This - along with Love Is the Message, and so on - is always one of my leadoffs. You'd think, ease them in with -weird- disco not disco or pounding biz closer to modern dance music, but I say, f all that. disco is love, this is love, this is disco. the rest is details.

btw, did u know mid-90s happy hardcore (before it abandoned breakbeats) is apparently getting big with the kidz rn? at least where I am. at a synth punk EBM type the other night v hip-looking between acts DJ went full on Kniteforce ca. 1994, mixed with hard-edged acid techno. many bewildered faces. caught me totally off guard. I did enjoy it, tho the thought of listening to that for more than 15-20 minutes is wearying.

padraig (u.s.)

I heard an ad for this 'remix' on Spotify the other day
it was inevitable. everything must be critically reappraised. as with gabber with Gabber Eleganza + all that.

I told the dude who put on the show let me DJ next time + blow peoples minds with E'd up rush your face off 1991-2 piano ardkore.

finally useless encyclopedic knowledge of music can be given purpose.

firefinga

btw, did u know mid-90s happy hardcore (before it abandoned breakbeats) is apparently getting big with the kidz rn? at least where I am. at a synth punk EBM type the other night v hip-looking between acts DJ went full on Kniteforce ca. 1994, mixed with hard-edged acid techno. many bewildered faces. caught me totally off guard. I did enjoy it, tho the thought of listening to that for more than 15-20 minutes is wearying.

Kniteforce have rebooted the label again for two or so years now, they are even releasing 12'' vinyl again.

padraig (u.s.)

Kniteforce have rebooted the label again for two or so years now, they are even releasing 12'' vinyl again.
sure, but playing to a retro/nostalgia market of middle-aged people with disposable income to relive parts of their youth is different from being relevant to the youth of today

I can't speak to how widespread it is but I have seen/been informed that happy hardcore (and rave-y rave music generally) is a going concern with segments of 20-something cool DIY kidz

Status
Not open for further replies.