Status
Not open for further replies.

sadmanbarty

you think of funk and disco with intricate and finicky. mechanic. then out of nowhere something will emerge. expansive. oceanic. broad brush strokes. you get lost in it

"responsibility to me is a tragedy... the music is my salvation"

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The person next to me at work has left early and they've got a plant (aloe vera?) which is sprawled against a monitor.

Listening to this while looking at the plant I was briefly transported to a post apocalyptic world of sinister blind vegetation (influenced by the 'Tell me where you live' thread no doubt)

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
give it a minute and it really gets cookin.

some proper music bollox from da norf london connoisseur for the lucius and the bart man.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Must be one of the earliest choons to incorporate phone noises...

Other than that, sort of reminds me of an LFO choon, and now I know where 'Keep the Fire Burning' comes from.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
There's a vybz kartel tune that uses the MSN tone isn't there

Could make a thread that would drive luka to suicide

Although OTOH it does perhaps fit into 'dematerialisation'

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Perhaps there's something deeply ingrained in us now re: buttons.

The mechanism of pushing a button and expecting to be stimulated or satisfied, which didn't exist a hundred years ago.

sadmanbarty

Perhaps there's something deeply ingrained in us now re: buttons.

The mechanism of pushing a button and expecting to be stimulated or satisfied, which didn't exist a hundred years ago.

it's somewhat penetrative.

alternatively, in terms of pop music its often used to denote the clitoris.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
True, ejaculative - ejaculation of information. And of course all this stuff is tied in to our reward centres - like those buttons lab rats push for a sugarcube or whatever.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I read an article somewhere online by the guy who'd designed the mechanism where you drag down on your touchscreen to refresh the page. Think he sold it to Twitter.

It's like a slot machine or something. The physical action producing an effect, innately satisfying, innately addictive.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
sounding like a bourgeois marxist seminar on psychoanalysis here lads. really couldn't care about how sebastian budgen or David Renton sound in bed, if I'm being honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.