Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

This will mean nothing to anybody else except maybe pain but to me this is so potently nostalgic I feel my wrinkles vanishing.

This evokes an era of bomber jackets, first sexual stirrings, and badly parted curtain hair.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Simply cannot tolerate these lazy no word COTD posts anymore :mad:

I bare my soul about my bryll creme'd love of Happy Hardcore and y'all are just posting god knows what :mad::mad::mad:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Digging through my klawkives has had me reassessing what I have come to think of as crap

Most remarkably, I've realised that my secret burning love of 'Grimey' by Dillinja feels so wrong that it must be RIGHT.

This never would be bracketed as lowly as 'Grimey' (or - heaven forbid - 'Twist Em Out') but I suppose jungle heads see it as part of the problem.

I love it though, for what it is. I remember on the Andy C DNBA CD he mixed the steel drums in over something else ('Pacman' maybe?) and it made my balls tingle.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Speaking of droom n base

This is banging

And thrilling to watch the crowd from this position, not the Boiler Room poseur thing

version

I was in a bar the other night for someone's birthday and the whole night was incredibly awkward, apparently the woman whose birthday it was had kissed another mate of mine who's gay because she thought it was funny and 'didn't count', but it ended up going on for ages with her boyfriend watching the whole thing so they'd all fallen out. The thing is that he was out with a bunch of other people that night and we kept bumping into them and being made to leave wherever we were because the couple were upset by it.

Personally, I'd rather have stuck around with him than them but I'd met up with them first so I had to put up with it. Eventually we ended up in some weird bar that seemed to be playing most of the Vice City soundtrack and a bunch of other 80s stuff with a huge stuffed boar's head behind the bar and a crowd that looked like they'd just come back from a day at the races, so I just decided to drink a lot and ignore how awkward everything was. Eventually this song came on and I ended up in full "belting it out and doing terrible dancing" mode.

Anyway, when I woke up today I had the chorus rattling around in my head, so it's my Choon of the Day.

version

They played that Sister Sledge tune from Craner's list too and I almost shouted something like "It's Craner's list!" to a bunch of people who would have had no clue what I was talking about.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Word. Theo Parrish dropping that at Plastic People flipped my wig. He played the 303less space side though. Discovering the acid side months later was like waking up to find a bank error in your favour. RiP Sleezy D

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

This steel drum is hard. As often I'm totally disconnected from and uninterested in the 'song' element of this Prince song, but the sounds are fantastic.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I can't work out what I like about this so much. The beat sounds like it might almost be a lost early 80s Japanese tune. And "Wife beater torn like Natalie Imbruglia" - why are there not more song references to classic 90s MOR?

Status
Not open for further replies.