Status
Not open for further replies.

sadmanbarty

Honestly can't figure out if im being seriously mocked on here. Sorry, but new and don't totally get the protocol

luke's 40. you're 25. so to him that's a very young whipper snapper. he's exaggerating your youngness to highlight that by saying you're 17.

i'm 24 and have had the privilege of being the voice of young people on the forum and dismissing everyone else as past it. by saying you're 17 luke then gets to play with a new dynamic in which i'm one of the old, out of touch fogeys.

so you're not being mocked. it's partially deprecating and partly to faux-taunt me. nothng to worry about.

entertainment

luke's 40. you're 25. so to him that's a very young whipper snapper. he's exaggerating your youngness to highlight that by saying you're 17.

i'm 24 and have had the privilege of being the voice of young people on the forum and dismissing everyone else as past it. by saying you're 17 luke then gets to play with a new dynamic in which i'm one of the old, out of touch fogeys.

so you're not being mocked. it's partially deprecating and partly to faux-taunt me. nothng to worry about.

thank you!

sadmanbarty

too venomous and bitter to fit in my beautiful songs thread.

nonetheless a beautiful song. "i wanna be adored" are the greatest lyric ever written. that guitar afterwards is just this cry for help. dissensus if full of unrecognised geniuses. this is our anthem.

sadmanbarty

i've been sitting here probably underestimating how grubby i feel. witnessing this mass outpouring of pent-up emotional trauma in parliament last night probably has its effects. no longer seeing death threats as news topics, but as awful things happening to real people. rees mogg genuinely, humanly wounded and thinking how scary it'd be when that bloke came up to his kid and started saying "people don't like your daddy". having a couple of very tangible visions of brendan cox having to sit his kids down and tell them their mum's dead. the general grimness of very gutturally feeling this dark affront to democracy, not as an intellectual idea, but as something more emotional than that.

then there's far less important, but nonetheless annoying things like various bits of technology not working, having to deal with bureaucracy and so forth.

so nothing terrible, but probably feeling a bit more grim than i'd have myself believe.

and then i listened to this and it all went away. it's so unashamedly pretty. a walk in the sunshine with the smell of freshly cut grass. the instrumental sounds like sprinkling of pixie dust. the flute yearns for the innocence of childhood. the song for a couple of minutes takes you back there. to a sunny day in your primary school playground thinking about pokemon and power rangers.

it's so magical and optimistic and exciting and carefree. it's so cute and lovely (not many songs are lovely). an absolute happy world. the magic roundabout. balamory.

it makes you remember how many lovely things there are in life.

twinkling sprites dancing in a forest.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

tumblr_n6hc4pMoyv1r74obho1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.