Status
Not open for further replies.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i had this song playing in my head for weeks but couldn't come up with the title. then luka posted a vado song somewhere and i remembered it was an araabmuzik instrumental to a vado track. i like this song because it is so simple. it only has a few elements. what i like most though is the weird synth that to me sounds like an effect in a videogame, one of shooting lava balls into space.

undefined-571960019.jpg

sadmanbarty

it speaks to a very naive notion of what our relationship with machines would be. it depicts them as cold and inhuman. metallic. looking like terminator skeletons. they were separate. it's a pre-transhuman notion of technology.

sadmanbarty

this one's all enchanting and magical.

it's a more organic sounding technology. that sinewive moves not like a terminator but like a worm. it isn't hard and metallic but rather sinuous and slippery. oozy woozy music.

sadmanbarty

the sine waves in these still belong to that older world. the first like some control tower signal, the latter like a theramin from an old sci fi.

sadmanbarty

technological augmentation of our bodies isn't metalic as we used to thinnk it would be; we aren't robocops.

it's silicon. this music sounds like kim kardashian's bum.

sadmanbarty

so amazing!

metaphysical mathematics. new york's gridded psychogeography manifest in all that 5 percenter stuff. like when neo starts seeing the world in code.

a stunning opening line "the only man i hold wake for is the sky blue bally kid". talk about hexes and "ancient thrones". the classic "why's the sky blue, etc."

then rza's brilliantly speech-impeded bit. a very early example of "spiritual metaphysical" type rapping, but it's convincing when he does it. he's not just rhyming. he's channeling the truth. "they raped the continents, and it's the prominent Dominant Islamic, Asiatic black Hebrew"

craner

Beast of Burden
so amazing!

metaphysical mathematics. new york's gridded psychogeography manifest in all that 5 percenter stuff. like when neo starts seeing the world in code.

a stunning opening line "the only man i hold wake for is the sky blue bally kid". talk about hexes and "ancient thrones". the classic "why's the sky blue, etc."

then rza's brilliantly speech-impeded bit. a very early example of "spiritual metaphysical" type rapping, but it's convincing when he does it. he's not just rhyming. he's channeling the truth. "they raped the continents, and it's the prominent Dominant Islamic, Asiatic black Hebrew"

Why didn't you mention the Killah Priest verse?

Status
Not open for further replies.