Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Bizarrely, my CEO put together a reggae playlist today and it's chock full of choons.

This is beautiful, yearning for a transcendence it semi-achieves.

It occurs to me that reggae is very apt in the current climate - a combination of prophesying doom and hoping for a better day. If that's not a horribly crass thing for a middle class white boy to say - I'm conscious that I'm hardly struggling with imperial oppression here or whatever.

sadmanbarty

my CEO put together a reggae playlist today and it's chock full of choons.

i can’t think of a single sentence more offensive to dissensus’ collective sensibilities than that.

A whole forum of counter cultural communist reggae enthusiasts and you’ve just thrown that their way.

sadmanbarty

bizarrely they had a compilation of minimalist classical music on the go at my local conservative club meeting and it was chock full of choons.

sadmanbarty

i don't usually listen to art music really (other than jazz i suppose). i might be able to listen to something and appreciate it's interesting, but have no compulsion to return to it.

but that drumming one i posted above had me buzzing just now.

this one's pretty. all meadows and fields and all that.

sadmanbarty

i tried to find a gif of loads of red faced drunk blokes in a pub bobbing up and down with their arms round each other to post with this, but didn't have any luck.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
"Ultimately, however, I predict that we’ll restore the ability to socialize safely by developing more sophisticated ways to identify who is a disease risk and who isn’t, and discriminating—legally—against those who are.
We can see harbingers of this in the measures some countries are taking today. Israel is going to use the cell-phone location data with which its intelligence services track terrorists to trace people who’ve been in touch with known carriers of the virus. Singapore does exhaustive contact tracing and publishes detailed data on each known case, all but identifying people by name."
"We’ll adapt to and accept such measures, much as we’ve adapted to increasingly stringent airport security screenings in the wake of terrorist attacks. The intrusive surveillance will be considered a small price to pay for the basic freedom to be with other people."

We're not going back to normal, Oliver Craner.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
"Ultimately, however, I predict that we’ll restore the ability to socialize safely by developing more sophisticated ways to identify who is a disease risk and who isn’t, and discriminating—legally—against those who are.
We can see harbingers of this in the measures some countries are taking today. Israel is going to use the cell-phone location data with which its intelligence services track terrorists to trace people who’ve been in touch with known carriers of the virus. Singapore does exhaustive contact tracing and publishes detailed data on each known case, all but identifying people by name."
"We’ll adapt to and accept such measures, much as we’ve adapted to increasingly stringent airport security screenings in the wake of terrorist attacks. The intrusive surveillance will be considered a small price to pay for the basic freedom to be with other people."

We're not going back to normal, Oliver Craner.

techstep = scorched earth music

here's an old bjorn torske alias doing another flavour of scorched earth

mutant bacteria floating around your innards

Leo

I've always felt I should like blaze but they've never really clicked for me. I even have that "house masters" comp pictured in the video, gave it a few tries when I got it a few years back but nothing stuck. well, now I have lots of spare time to give it another go.

sadmanbarty

Will I get raked over the coals for thissun?

I looked this up to post on a chat as a sort of joke about missing ppl cos of quarantine.

Then I ended up listening to it and realising it's actually a sort of mournful, quintessentially 90s masterpiece. I love it when a remix totally improves on an original song cos you can pinpoint with some exactitude where the improvements were made. If you nah what I mean.

My mum always sings that song

Status
Not open for further replies.