Status
Not open for further replies.

sadmanbarty

sounds completely sardonic to me. completely cunty. like's bugs bunny, just in a position of complete intellectual authority running you through hoops for his own amusement.

luka

How come all of New York thought he was the worlds most charismatic man then! Explain that genius!

version

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
If you're trying to get our attention off coronavirus by saying the most insane thing you can think of, then this is actually working.

catalog

I hit like but its not a very good cover that, the omarvin version much better. Aaliyah seems devoid of any soul.

catalog

I dont lik3 slick rick mich either, his voice is all weird. Hes english isnt he? From milton keynes or something?

catalog

Tricky is a fan tho, done a really good cover of ‘the moment i feared’. So hes alright with me. I like the beastie boys most out of all that era of hip hop.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You don't like Slick Rick's weird voice but you like the screechy boys? There's no helping some ppl.

Only joshing of course. I can see why ppl wouldn't like Slick Rick's voice, but luckily I'm spared that sad fate. Like disliking the smell of grass or something.

I don't mind some beastie boys stuff but their voices are like nails on blackboard for me.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Speaking of voices some ppl hate (poor things)

I discovered looking this up that Herbie Hancock has done a Joni Mitchell tribute album. No idea if it's any good mind you.

luka

Catalog, I think it's fair to say, has the worst taste of anyone who has ever entered these hallowed halls.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Slick Rick is a fascinating outlier in rap history isn't he?

Obviously nobody ever sounded quite like him then or since. (I presume Snoop was influenced by him, hence "Lodi Dodi".)

Also a great what could have been story, perhaps? I don't know how far he fell from grace when he got nicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.