Page 196 of 199 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 2976

Thread: Choon of the Day

Friend of mine loves that song but she can't stand the fabulous version, with fab boorishly intruding on the sweet song and talking about his sweet schlong.

I thought it was Ma$e at first!

Actually, your girlfriend is 100% correct.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

the vocal sample in this is so sweet and lovely

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    I mean clearly, clearly adam and eve were battybwoys, that's wy the fall was so traumatic. I don't think they were even called adam and Steve that's far too english centrist liberal anti-homophobe who deep down despises the gays in his heart. no they had grandiloquent names like Lydia and Augustus I'm sure of it. I mean, Lydia didn't even have a gender back in the day did it.

so i guess the fall will have to feature in this list, naturally.
    this is lydia and augustus submerged in an aquatic dream. naked skin rendered silken by arctic blue waters. the rivers of eden. engulfed in mother nature's womb. agonised and tentative. a wistful vision of what they lost when they ate from the tree of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Ossie - We Mad (2018)

Pretty straight-up house banger with a nice whistling synth hook to it and a sampled revolutionary speech in the breakdown.

Summer time = Rushen time
    Last edited by Corpsey; 22-07-2019 at 03:52 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

A bunch of Patrice Rushen stuff was reissued recently: “Strut present the first definitive retrospective of an icon of 1970s and ‘80s soul, jazz and disco, Patrice Rushen, covering her peerless 6-year career with Elektra / Asylum from 1978 to 1984.

I hadn't heard this in years and it suddenly popped into my head earlier. My Dad had a couple of the Womble albums and I used to run around listening to them as a little kid. There's a tune on one of them about a giant made out of rubbish and pollution which I used to get scared of and hide behind the sofa.

lukes favourite album.

vaporous organ. evaporating music. so delicate. disincorporated, solipsistic music.

I respect islamists

when i was little we used to have family film night on fridays. there was no way my dad was going to watch kids films, so he'd just pop the the vhs rental down the road and get whatever he wanted. he likes horror films so that meant that i'd been bought up with a steady diet of slasher films since the age of 6 or 7 (something i could always boast about at school). none of the hyper violent films ever scared me, but strangely enough nicole kidman's ghosty period-drama 'the others' frightened me very literally to tears.

i suddenly remembered that film now listening to this. the piano sample looping in the way it does, sounds inhuman as though the piano was playing itself. there's a scene in the film where the piano does just that.

I respect islamists

like wu tang forever, hell on earth is an album i really enjoy as a whole even if i can't point to many individual great tracks on it that are great. it works as mood music. muzak.
    I respect islamists

i tell myself i like cities and stabbing, but in my heart of heart i'm pattycakes. i like walking around bear foot. i like hammocks. i like sunshine. i like trees and the sea.

not so much drum circles and all that. more like a Mediterranean version of the steinbeck ideal. living off the land with some hippy bird with a massive bush.

this music speaks to that.

I respect islamists

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    like wu tang forever, hell on earth is an album i really enjoy as a whole even if i can't point to many individual great tracks on it that are great. it works as mood music. muzak.
    drill works in a similar way (especially when you first get into it). drill of course very much belonging to that wu tang/mobb deep minor key piano sound world.
    I respect islamists