Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Choon of the Day

Choon of the day, all day, everyday:

Top tune that, banger.

Damn, how do I compete with that now...

my two brexit tunes of the day

Don't get me wrong, this is a great song, but its very much focus group, manufactured pop. Disclosure is popular, so is Kenrick Lamar's 'Alright'. They just put the chorus of the latter on the music of the former. Results are fantastic though.

I mean, the cynicism of that disclaimer that "I UNDERSTAND AND CAN DETACH MY LOVE OF THIS 'POP SONG'" is weird, my guy. A choon is a choon is a choon.

Never denied it was a choon, nor did I say that the way it was made in anyway deteriorated my love for it. Just a fun little aside.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyHead View Post
    I mean, the cynicism of that disclaimer that "I UNDERSTAND AND CAN DETACH MY LOVE OF THIS 'POP SONG'" is weird, my guy. A choon is a choon is a choon.

My theme for this week is 2016 pop. Here's the other choon from that ariana grande album. I guess this was there stab at Can't Feel My Face.

2016 Pop Choon of the day 3. Rihanna- Work

This might actually be the last 2016 one I post for now. I canít think of any other pop choons from 2016.

I havenít been keeping up at all with dancehall this year, but I imagine this is still some of the best music to come out of the genre this year.

Drakeís bit is awful, but that goes without saying.

This may well be in my top 10 choons of the decade so far

Unadulterated, wide-eyed sweetness

Last edited by sadmanbarty; 21-07-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Not feeling those Ariana Grande choons too much tbh but this isn't a thread for nitpicking and criticising, nor for division and infighting, which brings me neatly to

CE CE ROGERS - SOMEDAY (1987)

After acknowledging how profoundly depressing a week in the news its been, you feel like reaching either for bleak music, for confirmation, or optimistic music, for comfort. I'm inclined towards the latter, and Chicago house music has a lot of these 'we shall overcome' songs. It was a toss up between this and Sterling Void's 'Alright'.

Music isn't going to ever solve the world's problems, but it DOES unify people across cultures and countries, and there's a lot to be said for that.

NOTE: Currently I'm so bored at work that the 'Someday' I'm dreaming of is Saturday.
    Last edited by Corpsey; 30-06-2016 at 09:23 AM.

There's been some chat about 1993 tracks and whether they're jungle or not. This one's from 93, but I'd put it firmly in the hardcore camp. D-Force is an alias of Red Alert and Mike Slammer.

"You are for me and me is for you"

Something very painful about the italo-piano/ chipmunk vocal sections. It feels like the loss of a loved one.

The bass that comes in at 2.10 is calmly diabolic, like poison working its way through your blood stream. This is complemented by the hellish choir barking over the top.

The contrast between these two feels gives the impression that the badboy bravado is merely a front to disguise a broken-hearted, sentimental anguish.

Last edited by sadmanbarty; 21-07-2016 at 11:44 AM.

It's got a Danny breaks feel. It's a blurred line as I say

DJ Hype - Shot In The Dark (Gunshot Mix):

And a bit like this